Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
  1. #441
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 1,172. Received thanks 84 times, giving thanks to others 54 times.
    A quick test cut. Looks like Ill be ordering more tool holders. Happy with the initial results. My Z is fairly heavy however (As predicted), might need to look at changing the gearing on both X and Z axis now.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:


  3. #442
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 1,172. Received thanks 84 times, giving thanks to others 54 times.
    Ah, braking resistors. Even on my 4KW spindle, I keep getting issues where when I stop the spindle, my VFD goes into overvolt trip. Pain in the ass. Anyone have a view on what size resistor I need for the Hyanyang VFD for this spindle?

    Thanks

  4. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ah, braking resistors. Even on my 4KW spindle, I keep getting issues where when I stop the spindle, my VFD goes into overvolt trip. Pain in the ass. Anyone have a view on what size resistor I need for the Hyanyang VFD for this spindle?

    Thanks
    Is there not some setting in the vfd to ramp the speed down say over about 4 secs
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  5. #444
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 1,172. Received thanks 84 times, giving thanks to others 54 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Is there not some setting in the vfd to ramp the speed down say over about 4 secs
    Ive tried that. All settings, unless I put it on something like a 40 seconds rampdown, it trips.

  6. #445
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 8 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,073. Received thanks 232 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Download a manual for a decent brand of VFD, which actually lists braking resistor sizes, and see what they recommend for a similar sized VFD/Motor combination.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  7. #446
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 1,172. Received thanks 84 times, giving thanks to others 54 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Download a manual for a decent brand of VFD, which actually lists braking resistor sizes, and see what they recommend for a similar sized VFD/Motor combination.
    Thanks, will try that.

  8. #447
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 1,172. Received thanks 84 times, giving thanks to others 54 times.
    Some research done. Seems the Chinese VFDs dont come with the internal circuitry to use a braking resistor. Will need to clarify that first.

    From what I can tell, values are between 30 - 70 Ohm and around 300W.

  9. #448
    totally not jealous....

    Serious machine you have there Chaz. You must be chuffed!

  10. #449
    Nice machine
    I have hsd 919 on my machine. I run from single phase using a dual stage vfd. 220 in 380 out.
    Stops in3 second no problem

  11. #450
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 1,172. Received thanks 84 times, giving thanks to others 54 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    Nice machine
    I have hsd 919 on my machine. I run from single phase using a dual stage vfd. 220 in 380 out.
    Stops in3 second no problem
    Thanks

    Please tell me more about this VFD? Make and model please. Does it output 380v?

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •