. .
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ah, braking resistors. Even on my 4KW spindle, I keep getting issues where when I stop the spindle, my VFD goes into overvolt trip. Pain in the ass. Anyone have a view on what size resistor I need for the Hyanyang VFD for this spindle?

Thanks

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ah, braking resistors. Even on my 4KW spindle, I keep getting issues where when I stop the spindle, my VFD goes into overvolt trip. Pain in the ass. Anyone have a view on what size resistor I need for the Hyanyang VFD for this spindle?

Thanks
    Is there not some setting in the vfd to ramp the speed down say over about 4 secs
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Is there not some setting in the vfd to ramp the speed down say over about 4 secs
    Ive tried that. All settings, unless I put it on something like a 40 seconds rampdown, it trips.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Download a manual for a decent brand of VFD, which actually lists braking resistor sizes, and see what they recommend for a similar sized VFD/Motor combination.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Download a manual for a decent brand of VFD, which actually lists braking resistor sizes, and see what they recommend for a similar sized VFD/Motor combination.
    Thanks, will try that.

Some research done. Seems the Chinese VFDs dont come with the internal circuitry to use a braking resistor. Will need to clarify that first.

From what I can tell, values are between 30 - 70 Ohm and around 300W.

totally not jealous....

Serious machine you have there Chaz. You must be chuffed!

8. Nice machine
    I have hsd 919 on my machine. I run from single phase using a dual stage vfd. 220 in 380 out.
    Stops in3 second no problem

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    Nice machine
    I have hsd 919 on my machine. I run from single phase using a dual stage vfd. 220 in 380 out.
    Stops in3 second no problem
    Thanks

Please tell me more about this VFD? Make and model please. Does it output 380v?

10. My machine has been running about 2 years using huanyang gt series. Il have to find exact model number. The only downside- no braking resistor relay as standard- its special order- but only £5. Also must be modified to run modbus ( I've done this)

I have what seems to be better made "copy" of the same unit here on test too. Has braking interface and is modbus compatible from the factory- even though they don't supply modbus instructions- took me a week to work out how to talk to it. ( I can share the info)
    220 single in 380 out.
    On my machine running had 919 spindle I rarely see more than 5 amp current draw from the main supply.,
    Ecogoo 9100-00750-G-B
    While they have a max current draw of 34 amp mine is still working as I originally wired it for test from a 13a plug.

Ecogoo can be found on aliexpress. Delivery was free and only took a few days to arrive. Just checked price at ££251 today
    That's the one I'd recommend

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread Information