. .
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    could be as simple as the huge braking resistor you have ordered wasnt in stock. (i buy mine on ebay)
    He reckons it was all posted last week, so lets see.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ye, saw those. Suppose I could have gone that way (Cheaper), that said, at least with his, it should all work without issue.

What type of ramp down time do you use on your spindle?

Thanks

3. 5 seconds - without braking resistor
    tested at 3 seconds with
    but being kind to my spindle!
    https://youtu.be/SowJ18Z-NMs

4. Did you receive the vfd?

Did you receive the vfd?
    Not yet, looks like it arrived yesterday and cleared customs today. Might get it tomorrow I hope, else its next week, pity, would be nice to try it this weekend if possible.

6. Cool
    Will you be running it the traditional way or by modbus-
    As the modbus instructions are none existent lol.
    I have worked out how to do everything with it though

Cool
    Will you be running it the traditional way or by modbus-
    As the modbus instructions are none existent lol.
    I have worked out how to do everything with it though
    0-10v, no need for modbus.

So, this was delivered this morning. Hopefully Ill have it running over the weekend. Looking forward to having a spindle that doesnt trip out when I stop it (current VFD struggles to stop the spindle, unless you use a very long ramp down time).

Received. Big box, poorly protected on the back. Alu frame mounts bent. 'Small' braking resistor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-25 at 17.09.58.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	24257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-25 at 17.10.04.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	24258

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread Information