Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
  1. #431
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 902. Received thanks 54 times, giving thanks to others 40 times.
    I emailed the probe vendor as the tip is not concentric. He responded with some info on how it can be calibrated. I then searched and found this - http://www.machsupport.com/forum/ind...c,17766.0.html - Whilst this doesnt fix the actual issue, it looks like I can use the same prob or perhaps two of them for different uses (I bought two as I was importing it from the US anyways). Perhaps next time I should pay attention to the other stuff in the box.

  2. #432
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,724. Received thanks 180 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    What probe did you buy?

    One thing you'll need to check, is what voltage/current the probe is designed to work with. I made up a small interface board for my probe, so it was only switching the designed 5V, so I could use it to switch a 24V opto. Details can be found in this post over on the mach forum - http://www.machsupport.com/forum/ind...html#msg195436
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  3. #433
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 902. Received thanks 54 times, giving thanks to others 40 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    What probe did you buy?

    One thing you'll need to check, is what voltage/current the probe is designed to work with. I made up a small interface board for my probe, so it was only switching the designed 5V, so I could use it to switch a 24V opto. Details can be found in this post over on the mach forum - http://www.machsupport.com/forum/ind...html#msg195436
    Two of these, almost a year ago, lol.

    https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...ic,5004.0.html

  4. #434
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 902. Received thanks 54 times, giving thanks to others 40 times.
    So Ive bit the bullet and bought a 'proper' probe. Its mechanical, not electrical and I want to make an arm for it like the Datron has that comes down, probes and I can then move it back in the 'up' position when not needed. Thinking to use some form of offsets to make this work.

    How do I manage with an arm to rotate 180 degrees? Arduino Uno and servo? Id need a fairly strong servo me thinks ....

    Thoughts?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProbeArm.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	22695

  5. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    So Ive bit the bullet and bought a 'proper' probe. Its mechanical, not electrical and I want to make an arm for it like the Datron has that comes down, probes and I can then move it back in the 'up' position when not needed. Thinking to use some form of offsets to make this work.

    How do I manage with an arm to rotate 180 degrees? Arduino Uno and servo? Id need a fairly strong servo me thinks ....

    Thoughts?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProbeArm.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	22695
    Do you think it is possible to rotate about a hole/pin and get the repeatability ? How about sliding the arm up and down with a piece of spring steel to hold it against a ground edge? Could have a slot in the middle with a fixed dowel pin to give top and bottom end stops. Then add detents for top and bottom position. Manually move it up and down as required or drive it via a motor with a cam?
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

  6. #436
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 902. Received thanks 54 times, giving thanks to others 40 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Do you think it is possible to rotate about a hole/pin and get the repeatability ? How about sliding the arm up and down with a piece of spring steel to hold it against a ground edge? Could have a slot in the middle with a fixed dowel pin to give top and bottom end stops. Then add detents for top and bottom position. Manually move it up and down as required or drive it via a motor with a cam?
    Well, I'm bad with this type of thinking. Datron have this on their machines (it pivots 180 down), so there must be a way but im not against it going up / down instead, anything I can look at on Youtube for inspiration?

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •