. .
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    A long shot, anyone near Uxbridge (I am willing to travel) that has a mill that I can use to get this Z Axis completed?

I need something that can do around 500 x 400 mm. I have access to a Bridgeport but no response from the person that offered. I just need to go around the rectangle and square up and do around 16 holes with some very basic code.

Thanks

Hi, I just read the whole thread from the beginning amazing work but I have one question where did you get your rails?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170528_103120.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	553.9 KB 
ID:	21807

these are my carriages, look familiar lol trying to source the rail. Looking at yours I think I have the baby version (20mm rail)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 30-05-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Hi, I just read the whole thread from the beginning amazing work but I have one question where did you get your rails?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170528_103120.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	553.9 KB 
ID:	21807

these are my carriages, look familiar lol trying to source the rail. Looking at yours I think I have the baby version (20mm rail)
    Thanks. They look to be Bosch or Rosa. I can put you in touch with my supplier, he deals in 2nd hand stuff and may be able to source for you. Let me know.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Managed to get access to a bridgeport type machine to do work on the Z Axis. Almost done, need to do a fair bit of tapping and will then assemble.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Managed to get access to a bridgeport type machine to do work on the Z Axis. Almost done, need to do a fair bit of tapping and will then assemble.

Looking very very good ;) I just love CNC machined aluminum it's like a work of art all on it's own!

I hadn't appreciated how big your ballscrews were lol! How big are your rails? I'm guessing 35mm+
    Last edited by Desertboy; 30-05-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Looking very very good ;) I just love CNC machined aluminum it's like a work of art all on it's own!

I hadn't appreciated how big your ballscrews were lol! How big are your rails? I'm guessing 25mm+
    My rails are 40 and if I recall 35 for the smaller ones.

The ballscrews are 40 and 25 from memory.

My rails are 40 and if I recall 35 for the smaller ones.

The ballscrews are 40 and 25 from memory.
    LOL you beat me to it I meant to write 35mm by the time I edited it you already posted lol, looking at the pic of your hand against them damn they're big.

If you don't mind me asking how much were the ballscrews and rails? I assume they're not cheap lol.

LOL you beat me to it I meant to write 35mm by the time I edited it you already posted lol, looking at the pic of your hand against them damn they're big.

If you don't mind me asking how much were the ballscrews and rails? I assume they're not cheap lol.
    I need to check, I bought two sets of components from my supplier, I think all in for 4 x 1180mm 45 Bosch rails plus carts plus around 6 different ballscrews (longer length) and 2 shorter length ones plus the a short set of rails and the Rosa ones being used on my Z Axis (700mm) was around €2500 or 3000. Not cheap but the 'list' price on a Bosch 45 Rexroth with rollerbearings and a set of carts is around €1K per set.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

I need to check, I bought two sets of components from my supplier, I think all in for 4 x 1180mm 45 Bosch rails plus carts plus around 6 different ballscrews (longer length) and 2 shorter length ones plus the a short set of rails and the Rosa ones being used on my Z Axis (700mm) was around €2500 or 3000. Not cheap but the 'list' price on a Bosch 45 Rexroth with rollerbearings and a set of carts is around €1K per set.
    That seems reasonable I was thinking it would be even more! Amazing how being into cnc changes your perspective of reasonable lol.

So glad I only want to do aluminium and wood. This is definitely the most interesting (Read loony toons) cnc build I've ever seen if only for it's grandeur.

That seems reasonable I was thinking it would be even more! Amazing how being into cnc changes your perspective of reasonable lol.

So glad I only want to do aluminium and wood. This is definitely the most interesting (Read loony toons) cnc build I've ever seen if only for it's grandeur.
    Ye, its all relative. Let's see if this thing even works or not .... I should know in the next few weekends.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information