. .
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Probably why it's called SNOW Crete then. . Lol
    Id guess its related. Its used extensively for architectural concrete work.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Some progress. Have removed some of the wood to see. Nice clean finish, no air bubbles (as expected with the plastisizer). Struggling to get the wood out, even with a mold release agent, its too tight to come out.

I need some advice on sizing some metal. I want to build a frame below the concrete to hold the mass and allow some castor wheels to be mounted. Estimated weight will be 2000kg when done. Can anyone suggest what size mild steel tube I can use?

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

You could always build the frame out of UHPC as well. Just a thought

What happened to that rod in the first photo?

Fenza

Quote Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
    You could always build the frame out of UHPC as well. Just a thought

What happened to that rod in the first photo?

Fenza
    I could but I think its easier to weld something up quickly.

The rod was some material that went into a pipe I was trying to use for a hole in the mould. It moved and filled with concrete, so thought that Id cut it open and inspect (once it had dried).

If it was me i would use 100x100x4 and make a pallet from it. For me this is the ideal profile big enough, easy to cut at home, strong enough, cheap enough, ... . however reinforcing plates where the wheels are.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Just need to drill some holes into the bearing holder, quick test fit. Have bought some reference surfaces (surface plate for the table) and also a fairly large box (engineering type, flat within 5 thou) that Ill use to cast the DWH against. I was going to try something cheaper but its risky and this will be better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Quick update, been slow as I have been ill.

Getting ready to place the putty for levelling.

Chaz

Would you mind telling me the mix that you used ie cement, stone, fines and the water content byr weight or volume
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Chaz

Would you mind telling me the mix that you used ie cement, stone, fines and the water content byr weight or volume
    1/3 rd equal parts of Cement (52.5R), Sand (Sharp Sand, 0-2mm) and Basalt Stone (6-10mm). 20% Water volume based on Cement used (so in this case, 5 litres per 1 bag of 25kg each above).
    Last edited by Chaz; 08-08-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    1/3 rd equal parts of Cement (52.5R), Sand (Sharp Sand, 0-2mm) and Basalt Stone (6-10mm). 20% Water volume based on Cement used (so in this case, 5 litres per 1 bag of 25kg each above).
    Thanks for the info are you using any SP (superplasticising) like modified polycarboxylate
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information