Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    A quick test cut. Looks like Ill be ordering more tool holders. Happy with the initial results. My Z is fairly heavy however (As predicted), might need to look at changing the gearing on both X and Z axis now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Ah, braking resistors. Even on my 4KW spindle, I keep getting issues where when I stop the spindle, my VFD goes into overvolt trip. Pain in the ass. Anyone have a view on what size resistor I need for the Hyanyang VFD for this spindle?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ah, braking resistors. Even on my 4KW spindle, I keep getting issues where when I stop the spindle, my VFD goes into overvolt trip. Pain in the ass. Anyone have a view on what size resistor I need for the Hyanyang VFD for this spindle?

Thanks
    Is there not some setting in the vfd to ramp the speed down say over about 4 secs
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Is there not some setting in the vfd to ramp the speed down say over about 4 secs
    Ive tried that. All settings, unless I put it on something like a 40 seconds rampdown, it trips.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,791. Received thanks 189 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Download a manual for a decent brand of VFD, which actually lists braking resistor sizes, and see what they recommend for a similar sized VFD/Motor combination.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Download a manual for a decent brand of VFD, which actually lists braking resistor sizes, and see what they recommend for a similar sized VFD/Motor combination.
    Thanks, will try that.

Some research done. Seems the Chinese VFDs dont come with the internal circuitry to use a braking resistor. Will need to clarify that first.

From what I can tell, values are between 30 - 70 Ohm and around 300W.

totally not jealous....

Serious machine you have there Chaz. You must be chuffed!

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445