. .
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    isn't that panel a bit tiny for your machine? don't you want more room in case you missed something
    That is basically everything I need apart from a two relays. I'll be modifying the 24V distribution system a bit.

Nice work looking great Chaz . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Nice work looking great Chaz . . .
    Thanks. Trying to finalise the based / gantry design now so I can I complete the moulds and start to pour concrete.

Where did you get your concrete from?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
    Where did you get your concrete from?
    I'm making my own using 52.5R cement, Basalt Stone, Sand and super plastifier.

What super plasticizer are you using and where are you getting it from?

http://www.concretecountertopsupply....turesPozzolans
    Is the best place I've managed to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
    What super plasticizer are you using and where are you getting it from?

http://www.concretecountertopsupply....turesPozzolans
    Is the best place I've managed to find.
    I dont know the make. Im getting it from the guy in Germany where I buy the rails and other stuff from. It wasnt cheap, he works in the industry so largely trust what he supplied. Ill try find out.

Hi Chaz
    just thought i would mention this, regarding the build up of your reinforcing structure.
    Years ago i built a trailer and installed bosses into the box section to support the tailgate, machined/drilled and first tapped the holes in the boss with the intention of finish tapping after they were welded in to the frame.
    The carbon content of the steel used for the bosses was unknown and as it happens must have been sufficient to harden the inserts, i was unable to finish tap the holes after welding and had to cut the bosses out and remake with mild steel, so make sure your rail supports are mild steel and even do a test piece to make sure.
    Good luck
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi Chaz
    just thought i would mention this, regarding the build up of your reinforcing structure.
    Years ago i built a trailer and installed bosses into the box section to support the tailgate, machined/drilled and first tapped the holes in the boss with the intention of finish tapping after they were welded in to the frame.
    The carbon content of the steel used for the bosses was unknown and as it happens must have been sufficient to harden the inserts, i was unable to finish tap the holes after welding and had to cut the bosses out and remake with mild steel, so make sure your rail supports are mild steel and even do a test piece to make sure.
    Good luck
    Mike
    Thanks. In this case, there will be no metals 'sunk' into the structure.

Mounting will be directly onto the concrete however there will be a layer of DWH 'epoxy' to provide the flatness needed. The nuts will put into place after the structure has hardened and will be held with epoxy.

Hi Chas
    Sorry but i can't get my head round how you are going to fix the rails to the concrete or set the rails perfectly straight and co planar prior to injecting the epoxy, could you run through it step by step (for a dummy)
    Mike

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information