. .

Thread: Ecocast plate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So we've established that this is aluminium warehouse behaving improperly? If so, I recommend quoting their terms and conditions back to them. Have a look at section 15 in particular:

• 15.1 If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered, unless accompanied by an explanatory note detailing the changes, stating reasons for the changes and setting out your options, you should contact us within 10 days to arrange collection and return. AluminiumWarehouse.co.uk is responsible for paying shipment costs.
    • 15.2 If any Goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact AluminiumWarehouse.co.uk within 28 days to arrange collection and return.AluminiumWarehouse.co.uk is responsible for paying shipment costs. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.

As I see it, both of those points and possibly some others apply to you, so if you are not happy with their current offer, I would try and be firm with them. State that their policy is to allow returns for faulty items. Hopefully that overrides the "Due to the bespoke nature of cut to size products they are non-returnable" note that is given when you add the item to basket.

Even if you're not too concerned about the scratches, I think it's still worth making a point as otherwise they may continue to do this and upset people to whom it does matter.

Personally I use ASC Metals, or the university stores.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I haven't bought from them but I have had MIC6 tooling plate from Blackburns recommended to me (after I had bought Ecocast from AW although mine was ok) and they have a branch in Reading.
    Thanks Neale - I just spoke to them to get an idea of how the prices stack up. The guy I spoke to was great, they didn't have the 20mm mic6 plate available but they did have 7/8 inch (22.2mm) which could be ready in a couple of days (cut off site and delivered to branch). Cost wise it was around £7 more expensive than the 20mm EcoCast. Big plus for me are that I could collect (and not pay the £15 delivery charge) and check it first.
    I know who I will be buying my next order from.

Also, there is a lot of info about on the properties of MIC6 on the internet. I cant seem to find much about EcoCast?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    So we've established that this is aluminium warehouse behaving improperly? If so, I recommend quoting their terms and conditions back to them. Have a look at section 15 in particular...
    Thanks for the info Jonathan. I am generally crap at complaining about things so having the ammo ready to use makes it far easier!

I think in this case as the crap finish on one side doesn't impact me using it I will take the £15 refund and be done with it. The time spent faffing around to get the piece sent back as well as being home to receive the new piece (assuming they agreed to take it back and send new) doesn't seem worth it to me.

Thanks everyone,

Jim

Just recently Smiths Metals which are a UK chain have been beating ASC hands down on price.
    Might just be worth a phone call.

In my case 12mm brass bar in qty of 10's but bear in mind this price difference is also on 1's, just that I needed 10.

ASC was £17 83 per bar
    Smiths was £11.87

Last year I was paying £30 per bar in singles from ASC but some metals have gone down in price.
    John S -

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information