Made a tiny bit of progress last night. Got one of the Y axis limits and also the homing prox installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0122.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	261.5 KB 
ID:	19992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0123.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	19993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0124.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	19994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0125.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	19995

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
Chinglish and unless you know exactly what parameter does what, then its all guesswork.
Dave, This is exactly what I was worried about when digging into the servo itself. I think if I get a bit more understanding of servo driver tuning I will have a better chance of understanding the Chinglish... I hope.

Boyan, that is a very good point, I never checked the max acc and decc in the servo drive. Likely that is the limiting factor. I didnt think about it until now but as I increased the acc I didnt notice an increase physically so probably the servo drive is limiting. I will have to take a look tonight.
Which by the way is well described on many places around the web, but i still fail to comprehend it entirely .
I totally agree, seems like each spot that describes how to tune a servo does it slightly different, making it more confusing for those of us just getting into it... Like Jazz said Black Magic

Thanks for the help!