. .
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Damman View Post
    Frame grounded and I have a ground going to the gantry and to the Z axis to make sure each part is grounded in the frame.
    Not good idea unless you know they are isolated. It's little things like this that can easily introduce ground loops. I would remove the Gantry and Z axis earths and check again.

Also don't Earth the PC chassis to the Star point. This can cause all sorts of strange happenings. The PC PSU will have it's own path back to earth so adding another affectively creates G-loop.!

One question I have is about running cables in the same drag chain, I had assumed that having good shielded cables that I could run all of the cables together in the same chain. Is this a No/No?
    If all is correct regards Grounding etc and with good wiring practices then shouldn't be problem. I do this all the time and don't have any issues.

However it's always good idea to keep some seperation of high power/frequency cables like VFD or Mains voltage in respect Signal wires. Esp if the wire runs are long which guess may be on your machine.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 17-01-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Also don't Earth the PC chassis to the Star point. This can cause all sorts of strange happenings. The PC PSU will have it's own path back to earth so adding another affectively creates G-loop.!
    This is a major one - spent weeks debugging a plasma table build just because i grounded the PC case to the table, disconnect it and instant fix!

Yes confirmed no loose pulleys, I also have been watching the actual belts on the servos on X (hard to watch both of course) but it looks like the master is moving before the slave.
    Have you ever check your belts(tooth size, tension)?
    Also are your motors and ballscrews bases tight enough?
    The creative adult, is the child who survived

Gantry have to be grounded to frame on Plasma otherwise you can weld the Hiwin balls together I believe that is correct to connect gantry to machine body whatever the machine, to avoid that bearing fault, it had its own name, but i forgot it...
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Gantry have to be grounded to frame on Plasma otherwise you can weld the Hiwin balls together I believe that is correct to connect gantry to machine body whatever the machine, to avoid that bearing fault, it had its own name, but i forgot it...
    Yes to the machine frame but not back to the Star point. Only one Earth cable should go back to this point.! Scott is runnig separate cables back to the Star point which Can/does create Earth loop.!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information