. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hell?, that wasn't hell!, try posting something in the RFQ section!

Glad it's all worked out for you :)

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post

An analogy. If an architect specified a 152x89 RSJ. Would you chose to replace this with a 127x76 RSJ that you had lying around? It might well work, the building would probably stay upright after you've finished it. Hey!, the architect is clearly a fool.
    Not wishing to fuel the fire, but what cross section cy are people generally using between driver and stepper?! (genuine question!)
    Signed foolish architect

ps. This video is quite useful for those with less experience when it comes to connecting steppers to the cable itself, I would be interested to hear comments on his methodology from those who have done this many times before... - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbiipb6nnZg
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 19-03-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Joe I generally use 4 core 1mm CY cable and earth the screen to a star point in the control box and I don't see the point of stripping such a lot of cable back 6" is more than enough. But I make these for the back of the motorClick image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1785.JPG 
Views:	288 
Size:	394.3 KB 
ID:	21164
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

4. Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Joe I generally use 4 core 1mm CY cable and earth the screen to a star point in the control box and I don't see the point of stripping such a lot of cable back 6" is more than enough. But I make these for the back of the motorClick image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1785.JPG 
Views:	288 
Size:	394.3 KB 
ID:	21164
    Thanks Clive, I thought he stripped a lot off! Do you 3D print those yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Thanks Clive, I thought he stripped a lot off! Do you 3D print those yourself?
    The white one I printed, the black one was milled from one of those fencing posts made out of car tyres. They are 100x100 square so I band-sawed it down the centre then it was possible to get one out of each half. The trouble with it is that the stuff if full of bubbles in the centre but they were fine. I have also made them from various plastics which are very nice.

They are available like http://www.soigeneris.com/nema_23_st...r-details.aspx But I have seen them for about 13 euro from Europe somewhere.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information