1. #1
    Free to whomever can use it as long as you pay for postage (or collect from me in Ickenham). I assume it works, but never used it. Came off my Denford VMC.

    I also have the chassis and most of the cards for the PC, same deal except in this case I believe the PC didnt boot. Free ...


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Free to whomever can use it as long as you pay for postage (or collect from me in Ickenham). I assume it works, but never used it. Came off my Denford VMC.

    I also have the chassis and most of the cards for the PC, same deal except in this case I believe the PC didnt boot. Free ...
    Hi Chaz,

    Do you still have the denford bits?

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by drumsticksplinter View Post
    Hi Chaz,

    Do you still have the denford bits?

    Cheers
    Yes. The PC chassis has been stripped down however, so I have all the component parts and will need to be rebuilt. I dont know what works / doesnt work but you are free to have it. Collection preferred - UB108TE.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Yes. The PC chassis has been stripped down however, so I have all the component parts and will need to be rebuilt. I dont know what works / doesnt work but you are free to have it. Collection preferred - UB108TE.

    Thanks
    I'm in a bit of a predicament at the minute... I've had a load of trouble with my denford cyclone, it seems that the 20 year old electronics are no cooperating, so I'm debating whether to persevere and keep patching up the problems, or write it off and install something like cslabs csmio/ip-a running with mach4?? decisions.... can you offer any advice to help sway my decision?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by drumsticksplinter View Post
    I'm in a bit of a predicament at the minute... I've had a load of trouble with my denford cyclone, it seems that the 20 year old electronics are no cooperating, so I'm debating whether to persevere and keep patching up the problems, or write it off and install something like cslabs csmio/ip-a running with mach4?? decisions.... can you offer any advice to help sway my decision?
    Replace, no discussion! Been there ..... I had tried to use my drives / motors etc. Remove the variance when things dont work and the older stuff is not as good or reliable.

    It costs more but you will have a better / more modern machine.

    I may be able to provide some other kit too if interested (motors etc), let me know if interested.

  6. #6
    Thanks Chaz,

    Hmm, so I've spent a bit of this morning pulling out the old boards and drives. Looks like I'm going for a retrofit. What system did you go for? I'm thinking cslabs, they seem a bit more expensive, but also more robust?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by drumsticksplinter View Post
    Thanks Chaz,

    Hmm, so I've spent a bit of this morning pulling out the old boards and drives. Looks like I'm going for a retrofit. What system did you go for? I'm thinking cslabs, they seem a bit more expensive, but also more robust?
    Yep, CS Labs. There is a full thread on my retrofit on this forum ... dont have the link at hand now but its around. Look for Triac VMC.

  8. #8
    Here it is: CONVERSION: Denford Triac VMC with ATC

    .Me
    .Me

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Free to whomever can use it as long as you pay for postage (or collect from me in Ickenham). I assume it works, but never used it. Came off my Denford VMC.

    I also have the chassis and most of the cards for the PC, same deal except in this case I believe the PC didnt boot. Free ...

    Hi, Do you have “baldor D281 motion control card for a triac P. C. (denford), red 7-segment LED display type. The firmware is ESMINT 3.28 V1.6H/S - JD5.”

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hi, Do you have “baldor D281 motion control card for a triac P. C. (denford), red 7-segment LED display type. The firmware is ESMINT 3.28 V1.6H/S - JD5.”
    Did you see my post on another thread on the cards that I had found?

Similar Threads

  1. keyboard interface problem (Denford lathe)
    By asto in forum Denford Lathes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-07-2015, 06:38 PM
  2. RFQ: Prototype keyboard case - CNC and laser
    By Photekq in forum Projects, Jobs & Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-05-2013, 08:18 PM
  3. Mach3 custom USB Keyboard
    By rnr107 in forum Electronic Project Building
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 21-06-2012, 02:53 PM
  4. Cheap Monitor and Keyboard arm at CPC
    By Musht in forum Monitors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM
  5. This tiny keyboard might come in handy :)
    By Smiler in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •