. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Z drive not working on cnc plasma it will read movement when movinment on the mach3 dro when using the keyboard or in running a program but won't drive the motor. I have tested the motor seem to work fine any ideas

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by whensparksfly View Post
    My Z drive not working on cnc plasma it will read movement when movinment on the mach3 dro when using the keyboard or in running a program but won't drive the motor. I have tested the motor seem to work fine any ideas

You seem to have two separate posts running, Is this all the same problem? You need to say what the setup is ie what stepper and drive what BOB and how is it being driven.

Has it ever been working?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I have the x and y working its just the z works on the dro and dosnt run the motor unsure of what exactly is used internally as I bought the machine

Any ideas

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Any ideas

How can anybody have any ideas if you don't post more info.

Post some pictures of what you have and screen shots of ports and pins in Mach3 etc
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Below is the diagnostic screen and main it will move the s axis on the dro the motor is making noise and will work if conected to the x axis wire

I've checked all the wiring seem to be correct is there somthing in the mach software that could be causing this

Only thing in software likely to cause problem is Configuration which you can set, if you want to check and find problem swap over X and Z axis motors and move carefully if X stops working and Z works its either the wiring or configuration in Mach3 as motor etc fine then you could swap back and just swap driver over to check Driver ok, I would first of all post your Input settings For XY&Z and current Motor tuning for X and Z axis as it may well be obvious from those what your problem is.

Swaping the driver's or swapind the motor wires from z to x makes no difference I will post a picture on input tomorrow thank you for you help

Swaping the driver's or swapind the motor wires from z to x makes no difference I will post a picture on input tomorrow thank you for you help
    So your saying if you swap Z axis motor wires to the Working X axis drive it still doesn't work.? If so then dead motor.
    (Daft question here.? . . . Obviously swapping Z motor to X axis will only work if you jog X axis your not swapping then trying to jog Z are you.?)

Have you tried swaping Z axis drive to the X axis motor.? This will eliminate dead Z axis drive. IF Z drive works X motor then sounds like your Z axis motor is dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information