. .
    Of course I have a rush job on and the machine has decided to go t!ts up.
    Powered up machine loaded mach 3. all appeared well until I tried to click reset, I just sits there flashing red and green. Checked all the limit switches and Estops, all appears fine. all cables ok. Checked operation of Estops and switches via diagnostics panel, all working as expected. VFD showing normal operational display and nothing unusual lit up on cs-labs controller.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Al

Solved...... Reloaded Mach3 and all working...... Chips flying once again :-)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    And that is why I now avoid running Mach 3.

My lathe could work flawlessly for a couple months, then it would just do something totally random. Final straw involved a crash which knocked both the spindle and turret out alignment, and wiped out a couple drills in the process.
    Since changing to KMotionCNC (Dynomotion's own CNC program for KFlops), the only issues have been operator induced.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Apart from a PC failure requiring me to recover all my settings from backup I haven't had any issues with Mach3 in around 3 years.

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Mach's been running my machine Via Laptop for best part of 8yrs without trouble and it's had just about every Motion controller attached to it. Also untill just few months ago I was running a version that was from the stone age. Updated to solve Cslabs related issue.

However I do know people who have had trouble but often Mach is blamed when it's nothing to do with mach and it's PC related issue.

Well I have to admit that I have never had a problem with Mach3 till now and the 2010 screen set with auto tool height adjustment has been a real time saver. I am pretty sure that in this case the main protagonist was windows rather than Mach3 looks like it was a corrupt registry entry.

Make a backup of your .xml file, and if you ever run into something strange again, try replacing the .xml first.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thread Information