. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It's going to be awesome! I'm planning the build primarily in used chewing gum and string with steppers salvaged from printers driven by some cobbled together micro-controller setup.
    I'll only ever want to take light cuts in steel so what I need to know is will I be OK just hanging a big old router off it to achieve this?
    TIA,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    will I be OK just hanging a big old router off it to achieve this?
    TIA,
    Nick
    Make sure you have enough diagonal braces

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,726. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    In case his diagonal trousers fall down?

Anyway, used chewing gum is over-engineering. I'm going to use cold-rolled cow dung. Actually, I think I already have, except that B&Q label it MDF...
    Last edited by Neale; 17-03-2016 at 02:38 PM.

now now children...no need for that. We all know you can use PVC pipe and pritt stick.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    now now children...no need for that. We all know you can use PVC pipe and pritt stick.
    Why or why do we need to go so Hi tec can't we just keep to basics. For any machine wanting to cut material upto titanium then there's readably available formula in every Home.? . . .It goes like this.!

Mix one part flour with one part of water (eg, 1 cup flour and 1 cup water, or 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup water) until you get a thick glue-like consistency. Add a bit more water if it's too thick. Mix well with a spoon to get rid of all the lumps.

Make the basic form with your favorite tabloid offering, Sun or Star put smile on the face while offering an artistic perspective.!! Slap the Dab on and your Milling next day.

Recycled Milks straws and Toilet roll cores will make you a nice housing just to top it off.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    For any machine wanting to cut material upto titanium then there's readably available formula in every Home.? . . .It goes like this.!

So when are you going to show us the design and what DOC would you recommend for a 10mm cutter (3D printed) running at Warp 9 and cutting Dilithium crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    Make sure you have enough diagonal braces
    I've got some red braces, will they do?

I think you are all taking the piss out of my machine and I am going to cry if you don't stop
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    So when are you going to show us the design and what DOC would you recommend for a 10mm cutter (3D printed) running at Warp 9 and cutting Dilithium crystals.
    I'll show it when I get the hollow deck working again.!

I am ready to build a tool room quality milling machine. I did some stuff at school and I have been browsing this web site for weeks and seen everything that you have done wrong so I can now copy all your mistakes and maybe add a few of my own. I bought a deluxe copy of Google Sketch Up, with the CAM upgrade, it wasn't cheap but I have already done some really neat drawings. Took me hours so if you see anything wrong there is zip zero nada chance of me changing anything, besides I am so freaking clever there is no possibility you will see anything wrong with it anyway. It will be made from extruded aluminium and I have ordered a lorry load of the wrong stuff all cut to size so there is no chance I can send it back, in fact I just changed my mind and it will now be cast out of epoxy granite. I have never tried to mix pints of epoxy resin before but I regularly repair my glasses with Araldite so how hard can it be. Degassing? Are you accusing me of blowing off? I think you are really horrible and my toys will leave the pram PDQ if you don't back down. I have ordered six 10kW Polanski AC stepping motors from ebay because they were cheap. I could not be bothered to do any kind of research or maths, but why should I bother when it is your job to tell me exactly how to make it work. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that, you may then tell me how brilliant I am and form an orderly queue to order similar machines, PayPal accepted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information