. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 39 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrowder View Post
    Ok most cost effective BOB then ;)

And do I take it that my work flow for today using what I have should be as such?...

Set Feeds in the GCode > Zero Machine then back off > Set spindle speed (lost here now as I was banking on mach3 looking after that) > Run Spindle > Run Gcode > Pray
    What is it exactly you want to know. If you are just starting out and you have a machine setup with the BOB you have. (and it works ok) You don't need to connect the VFD to the BOB to be able to run gcode.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

For a bit more money the Mach3 Controllers on eBay look a better option! I also use a 4th axis slaved to my Y so the Arduino sounds like it'll fall short of my needs.

Regardless of having no automatic speed control setting - last night I fired my baby up with it's spindle for the first time and it made it's virgin cut!

Ok most cost effective BOB then ;)
    The most cost affective way for you at this moment given your limited CNC knowledge is forget Speed control from software. You'll hardly use it anyway and from what I'm reading having to Cam the spindle speed for each tool and material will cause you trouble at first while learning.

So the cheapest solution is buy Potentiometer and fit to VFD for easy manual speed control. Cost about £2 and fitted in minutes. Search the Forum and Clive S has explained how to do it and whats needed.

Then buy one of these and control the VFD ON/OFF using relay using Output from bob. Even the crapest Bob's will control this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-channel-...EAAOSwAYtWI-co
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 19-03-2016 at 11:03 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

For a bit more money the Mach3 Controllers on eBay look a better option!
    Ok first let me just clear you up on something.? Mach3 is the controller, or more correctly the Control software. BOB's are just a distribution device and control nothing. There only purpose is to make wire connections easier and in some cases offer protection to the PC.
    Higher spec'd Bob's offer extra options like having built in Relays or Speed control but again they Control Nothing. They just only provide the means mach3 does all the controlling.

Also Mach3 while being the Controller doesn't make any decision on what spindle speed or feed rate to use. It just does what you tell it. Either thru G-code or manual commands and buttons or sliders on screen.

So these controllers on Ebay are more likely just BOB with few bells n whistles. Show use.?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 39 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Search the Forum and Clive S has explained how to do it and whats needed
    here you are post #1

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...hlight=fitting
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Many thanks for the great advice!

75p delivered from RS of all places.. never thought I'd be shouting about a bargain from them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information