. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    post in question attached with reply had seen this mentioned elsewhere all other cables checked have replaced Bob alone and problem is now solved, in short if not problem on occasions why did tweakie come up with response straight away without opto bob or drivers mentioned, why did non opto bob solve problem?
    Well obviously you have found a trusted source but I still don't think that this is the cause of the problem and you will have to ask Tweekie why he came up with the response.
    I also notice that you are mirroring all your posts over there so why bother asking questions here?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Asking questions on different sites is likely to have different people responding, just wondered if anyone else had come across this problem, couple of posts I saw elsewhere that were unconvincing to me, I was as skeptical as you that this would/should cause any problem. The fact that a trusted source came back with identical response lead me to believe there is something in this which I do not understand, therefore ask question where I think advice will be most reliable and well informed. I will ask Tweakie his reasoning behind the response now problem has been resolved and pass on information I am as puzzled a you as to how this can affect operation across two seperate circuits.
    Last edited by lucan07; 03-05-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Checked back with Tweakie regarding this and no explanation available response was

"I have not looked into the reasons behind opto - opto problems, perhaps it's timing related, it is just that this issue has been reported on the forum many times in the past. Tweakie."

so no nearer to knowing the problem, unfortunately the Bob I used I was given new and sealed so no real information on it, but out of interest I connected it on the Seig X1 conversion which does not have opto isolated drivers and it worked perfectly. It may just be the Bob is a poor quality cheap import possible others reported are same, more may just have been replaced as faulty, it will remain a mystery for now.

Checked back with Tweakie regarding this and no explanation available response was

"I have not looked into the reasons behind opto - opto problems, perhaps it's timing related, it is just that this issue has been reported on the forum many times in the past. Tweakie."
    Ok So not quite the response you quoted !! really just a comment from him. (I have read many of Tweakie's posts over the years and do respect him but in this case he only made a comment and not a statement) But glad you have it sorted.

I think you will find that a lot of these cheapo bob's don't work well with modern pp on pc's because the pp will only output about 3.5V the older one's output 5V this means that the bob has to convert the 3.5v back to 5V to get the correct logic. This is a known and well documented problem with cheap bobs.

I have said this for the benefit of others reading this post and thinking double opto's won't work.
    Last edited by Clive S; 04-05-2016 at 07:55 AM. Reason: added text
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

And award for plonker of the week goes to ME!! rushed back so I could skim the bed before it got too late, I had trammed it in on an old offcut of ply last night. Set it up to face at 1.5mm DOC at 1.5mpm 6000rpm and it glided around leaving a nice clean finish, straight edge and a CREE to check and a blind man would have been glad to see it. Who decides wants to play some more and take just 0.2 to see how it goes, fired up the spindle and thought I would try the new hand control thats sat here for a week, DAMN straight down and 1mm ding in the freshly skimmed bed, well it can stay as it is for now until I feck it up again!!! Anyway have to remove the grease nipple on bottom Z axis bearing to skim it as it holds just off the edge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b1.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	561.5 KB 
ID:	18391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b2.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	584.1 KB 
ID:	18392  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information