. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Bedford, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-08-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Is it just the light/reflections, or is the taper on that toolholder look like somebody's sanded/filed it?

I've got the easy change system on bench top mill, and my holders all lock in that tight, I usually have to use a screwdriver to break them away from the taper to get them out.
    Could it be the ratchet mechanisms not working correctly?

I'd perhaps give Coventry a phone, and see what they say. It could be as simple as the spindle adapter needing stripped and cleaned, although I have no idea how they separate.

Contact details can be found on the Coventry Engineering website - http://www.coveng.co.uk/group/covent...sy-change.html
    OK, thanks guys. I'll give it all a good clean and check over before doing anything drastic. Maybe the locking mechanism just has some swarf in in.

If you mean the toolholder with the threaded stud at the top. It looks rough because I've just rough turned it to check the principle. I was intending to grind and harden the taper before using it in anger.

Lives in Bedford, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-08-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 22.
    So, it turns out that the looseness wasn't actually in the easychange chuck or the toolholders but in the spindle itself. Thanks for your help everyone. I'll start a new thread with a question on what to do next.

Thread Information