. .
    Hi to all,
    This websites provide valuable information on the CNC and as a supplier, we successfully provide our service to the member here. A recommended website for machinist

BR
    /SL Wong
    Sales Manager
    Proto Tree LLC
    Email: [email protected]

I strongly suggest you employ a proof reader fluent in the languages in which you wish to present your product offerings on your website,

- Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I strongly suggest you employ a proof reader fluent in the languages in which you wish to present your product offerings on your website,

- Nick
    Unfortunately, the Chinese seem totally against employing a fluent or native language speak to proof read and check their sites, I think they just do not want to pay for it. Even some of the larger Chinese companies don't mind using 'Chinglish'. I have a friend who works for a Chinese company and I offered to proof read and correct for them. Offer was never taken up. They can be a strange nation indeed. They seem to think that if they have an employee that says they can speak English they would rather have them do the translating (or google translate) as opposed to paying for a proper translator proof reader. It would seem they think that a professionally translated site would put us off. Or perhaps if things were translated properly they wouldn't be able to use the 'language' excuse for when you try a warranty claim..... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by alboy View Post
    Unfortunately, the Chinese seem totally against employing a fluent or native language speak to proof read and check their sites, I think they just do not want to pay for it. Even some of the larger Chinese companies don't mind using 'Chinglish'. I have a friend who works for a Chinese company and I offered to proof read and correct for them. Offer was never taken up. They can be a strange nation indeed. They seem to think that if they have an employee that says they can speak English they would rather have them do the translating (or google translate) as opposed to paying for a proper translator proof reader. It would seem they think that a professionally translated site would put us off. Or perhaps if things were translated properly they wouldn't be able to use the 'language' excuse for when you try a warranty claim..... :-)
    I think they are just sensible when it comes to business. The main selling point at the bottom end of the market (where we shop) is price. Regardless of language barriers, most people would take a punt and buy the item they want if it is at the right price or make a concerted effort to understand what is poorly translated. Why spend money on translation and have to bump up prices to still make a reasonable profit margin for a market doesn't really look beyond purchase costs?

I would rather start digging my grave than order anything made in China. Apart from machining my ballscrews and so. My dream come true is to make a product like HAAS or Hypertherm and sell to them even if they have same ten times cheaper.

This is in short how things work:
    You have an idea, order 1000 pieces, they charge you 10 $ per piece. Ultra cheap, yes?
    No. Next month you see in internet the piece you try to sell for 30$ , selling for 5$. Seen it many many times. Or you biggest concurrent in your country goes to them and orders 100 000 pieces and they sell him your product for 2$, slightly changed of course. Seen this also.

With China this is how things should work:
    Various suppliers. One makes the mold. One makes this, the other makes that. Nobody knows what the parts serve for exactly. Each of them could not put the whole picture alone. You /immigrant workers from poorer countries/ assemble product at home and brand it made in ..Whatever but not China.

Ops, my wife that works in a serious company here and is specifically responsible for controlling the Chinese manufacturers corrects me- You will need a 3D printer to send them 3d object with files together. Otherwise expect errors in making the molds. They must see what you want. Its so much easier to see , than look at CAD drawing...
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 12-08-2016 at 02:53 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by nirmal View Post
    I think they are just sensible when it comes to business.
    They'd actually sell much more stuff to the bottom feeders in the market if their manuals were clearly legible ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information