. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've seen so many posts saying I shouldn't stick my hand (or other body parts) into rotating machinery I can't count them but it seems like a reasonably good idea to me.
    Is there any legislation preventing stupid people like me buying power tools and using them however I like?
    I might consider a mincer if a lathe is off limits to me,
    TIA,
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 26-03-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Are you pissed ?
    John S -

No, it's a parody on a post on another forum, there's a long discussion about whether one should undergo formal training before buying a lathe for hobby use ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    No, it's a parody on a post on another forum, there's a long discussion about whether one should undergo formal training before buying a lathe for hobby use ;-)
    Health and safety brigade gone bonkers again. Thou must admit there are some real dumb F''##ers with less common sense than carrot.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 26-03-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Thought that is why they were supposed to be CE marked? Got a link to the other discussion?
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

H&S have indeed taken over. I have to go on a training course next week so that I can use a hydraulic jack even though I have been using one for at least 20 years.
    I thought the store man was taking the piss when he refused to issue me one because I wasn't on the list of competent people.

Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    Thought that is why they were supposed to be CE marked? Got a link to the other discussion?
    How the Hell will 2 letters CE stop an idiot from getting is arm ripped out the socket if decides to stick is hand into chuck.? . . . Before you say guards or interlocks the idiot as already by-passed or removed those because he can't see where to stick is fingers.!!

No letters or HSE can repalce Common sense and here in lies the problem.!! . . . . Leave people alone stop babying them with HS and let them learn common sense. Even that means doing it the hard way.!

Thread Information