. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    A bit off topic. Now i need your help here.
    It's not in the operator's manual, it's in the Parameter List

You need
    P0003 set to 2 so that all the parameters you might want to change are accessible to you
    P0700 set to 1 for command input to be BOB (panel)
    You might need to select the control frequency setpoint source and a few other odds & sods but the Parameter List is where you'll find the settings described -

http://www.acpd.co.uk/sei/s/1488/f123.pdf

Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    lots of great information surfaced in the thread, appreciate if you can just let me know what would be the problem in using a 1ph VFD?
    It's 1 phase input but it's 3 phase output for use on a 3 phase motor, not a single phase motor.
    You can buy a good new 1hp 3 phase motor for around £120, once you've tried a drill press with an inverter you'll never go back, jus do it ;-)

Somebody know where they sell cheapest the 500w variable speed DC motor for the small chinese mills?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    At how many Hz you run it and hows that that it still works?
    I've just finished a small run of parts and checked, 7000rpm is 117.6Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    lots of great information surfaced in the thread, appreciate if you can just let me know what would be the problem in using a 1ph VFD?
    got my eye on this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-75kw-Frequ...16402#shpCntId and seems it would work, am I missing something?
    As Magicniner has said, these VFDs take single-phase in and produce a 3-phase output that is designed to drive a 3-phase motor. Why can't you just use two of the output connections and drive a single-phase motor? Main problem (there are others) is that the motor will probably not start unaided. Single-phase motors have some clever bits in them to get them started from stationary; you often hear a click from inside the motor as they spin up to speed. This is the centrifugal switch cutting out the starter circuitry (often a capacitor bolted to the outside of the motor). This is all designed to run at a single speed. Imagine a children's swing in a playground. It swings at a steady speed, and you just need to give it a nudge at regular intervals to keep it swinging. That's the way a single-phase motor works, where the incoming alternating voltage generates a magnetic "pulse" that is synchronised with motor revs. 3-phase motors work differently - the three phases generate what looks to the motor like a rotating magnetic field at the frequency of the input voltage, and the motor follows this whatever (within reason) the speed. Obviously, it's all a bit more complicated than that, but I hope that this helps.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information