. .
    Hello My name is Carlos and I looking to buy a CNC Router Engraving Machine 3040T 3th Axis to use to make 1/2 inch thick wooden letters for my business about 11inch high and 9in in width just wanted to know if this is a good machine to use.

Quote Originally Posted by theceo View Post
    Hello My name is Carlos and I looking to buy a CNC Router Engraving Machine 3040T 3th Axis to use to make 1/2 inch thick wooden letters for my business about 11inch high and 9in in width just wanted to know if this is a good machine to use.
    Welcome to the forum Carlos, For your business use it might as well be a door stop. There is a clue in the name. Search on the forum for these and you will see. What sort of budget do you do you have for it?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hola Carlos,

As Clive says, dont bother. If it is just cutting out letters you want, then it is better to get a laser cutter with around 80W for the 1/2" thick ply. If you cut pine, then you should be able to cut 1/2" with 50W.

I have a 3040T and would not use it for anything apart from engraving plastics. There are versions with a water cooled spindle but these are let down by the rest of the machine.

Regards
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Thank you for the feed back, and my budget isn't much because I don't want to put to much into the machine just yet and it doesn't do what I need it to do.

Question for you komatias I have seen a few videos of the 3040t cutting and it cuts metal very well don't see why it cant or wont cut wood like I need it to in fact the company that I have ordered letters from uses a similar machine

Thread Information