. .
    Hi guys, appreciate your comments on which to purchase as I'm running on mach3 on demo. is Mach4 worth it now?

Check on the Artsoft site for latest advice but I believe there are still a few problems with 4 and as no upgrade from 3 you pays your money and takes your chance. However if I were buying now I would email and Artsoft support and say "wanna buy but concerned about problems with 4" ask and see if a 4 licence will allow you to run 3 until they get it sorted.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I think most of the problems with Mach4 have been dealt with, but I think there's still a few key features that don't have good or any kind of interface yet.

From the latest discussions I've seen, I'd sum it up by saying it's probably worth it over Mach 3, however there simply isn't the same knowledge base, or examples for Mach 4. I know the default screenset is currently being re-worked.

There is nothing stopping you from downloading Mach 4 and trying it out. That way you'll get a far better idea rather than relying on opinions of people who're only speculating. I'll admit I'm also just speculating, as I've not tried Mach4 since one of the first public releases, and am unlikely to use Mach4 as I'm moving to KMotionCNC.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

No is the Short answer. The long answer is too long and I'm too tired to write what I know but what I will point out is that M4 doesn't come with any Pulse generation.??

By that I mean if you want to Run parallel port you have to Buy the PP plug-in. If not then the Motion controller your using must provide the Plug-in for there Pulse engine and here in lies the Problem in that Some are more advanced than others.

So what are you using for Motion.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-04-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Using CSMIO-M , which is why I'm considering upgrading. I guess I'll give it a try, thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    Using CSMIO-M , which is why I'm considering upgrading. I guess I'll give it a try, thanks all
    In that case then your in Good place so go for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Would one be in an equally (or close to) good spot if PoKeys57CNC was the board in use?
    Last edited by sinnsvak; 03-04-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinnsvak View Post
    Would one be in an equally (or close to) good spot if PoKeys57CNC was the board in use?
    Yes one would be in #1 place with Pokeys 57Cncn and Mach4. I'd say it's the most advanced Plug-in for Mach4 and next to that would be PMDX products.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Vital Systems is supposed to be right up there at the top with Mach4 support, but they can be pricey when you start adding options.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thread Information