. .
    Hi guys.
    I have possibility to buy German made 2002 year DECKEL MAHO DMU 50M CNC wth Siemens controls.
    It needs some minor repairs and maintenance but otherwise fully operational.
    Travel X/Y/Z: 500/400/400 mm
    Spindle
    -Chuck: SK-40
    -Speed range: 20-4500 rpm
    -Drive power: 9/13 kW
    -Torque: 83 Nm
    Feed: 5000 mm/min
    Fast traverse: 5 m/min
    Integrated swivel rotary table: 700x500 mm
    Max load on the table: 200 kg
    Swivel range of the table: -5/+110 Degrees
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.PNG 
Views:	591 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	18123

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	440.1 KB 
ID:	18124 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	18125 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	390.6 KB 
ID:	18126 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	464.7 KB 
ID:	18127 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	370.4 KB 
ID:	18128

Price is 4000 EUR.
    Is it possible/reasonable to convert it to MACH3?

Thanks for listening!

If it is working as it is I would recommend keeping the Siemens control, I imagine there will be a solid closed loop servo system in there along with everything else that an industrial control offers. What control series is it? The Siemens I have used in the past have been really good control systems.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesgates1000 For This Useful Post:

Phaw! that is some serious machinery. I would definitely consider keeping the Siemens control if possible. The less you faff about with it, the better in my opinion.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

If its possible keep it as it is. But there could be some drawbacks, like no postprocessor for the CAM you use, limited to 2.5D, limited file size and so on, where making it to full 3D, 4 axis and more, could be extremly expensive.

With software like NX you could write your own post processor, but if its 3d capability is not unlocked, forget about it and convert to Mach3, especially if you have to feed the file in chunks.

Obviously depending on the type of Servo controllers/ what signal they accept/ you could use the 6 Axis professional CSMIO motion controls. Which will set you back ~700 euro. Thats all.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

You would be crazy to convert that to Mach3 if controller is working. It would be like going back to stone age.
    Mach3/4 also Linuc CNC are great controllers for DIY level and Semi Professional but they are still long way off industrial strength controllers Like Siemens. So if it's working then stick with it.

Also be aware converting machine at this level isn't something I'd recommend for novice and you could soon turn Silk purse into Sows ear.!! . . . And waste lot of Cash.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 07-04-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks for commenting!
    It is SIEMENS 810 Powerline Shopmill. Anyone have experience with it?
    All this for 4000 EUR...dont want to pass this deal...But i dont quite have the space and necessity for it :D

Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    Thanks for commenting!
    It is SIEMENS 810 Powerline Shopmill. Anyone have experience with it?
    All this for 4000 EUR...dont want to pass this deal...But i dont quite have the space and necessity for it :D
    That's OK, buy it - you can store it at mine

.Me
    .Me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Thread Information