. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Definitely agree with that. The link starts as an evolution of the OX but ends up being a from-scratch version :)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoMill View Post
    Sgspenceley at open builds is building an improved version, with linear guide rails http://www.openbuilds.com/builds/lin...machines.1771/.
    I love this new public, flow of conciousness design process, when he types
    "25th April
    Major redesign today to improve structure and make it stronger."

I read
    "I was a clueless knobsock yesterday with the engineering aptitude of a llama and I've just realised that, but I'm all better now!"

Priceless :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I read :
    "I was a clueless knobsock yesterday with the engineering aptitude of a llama and I've just realised that, but I'm all better now!"

Priceless :D
    What funny is that there's a huge group of people learning about CNC from the ground floor. They're basically doing the same thing that we did 12-15 years ago, but instead of making cheap machines from MDF and skate bearings, they're making crap machines from custom lightweight extrusions. And the first thing they do when they build their machines, is figure out how to make them better. They really don't have a clue.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    What funny is that there's a huge group of people learning about CNC from the ground floor. They're basically doing the same thing that we did 12-15 years ago, but instead of making cheap machines from MDF and skate bearings, they're making crap machines from custom lightweight extrusions. And the first thing they do when they build their machines, is figure out how to make them better. They really don't have a clue.
    Agreed Gerry but the difference being IMO is that 12-15ys ago things where a little different with very few people doing this so not lot of Info floating around. Which isn't the case Now.! . . . .These Muppets are just Lazy and don't want to read.

Perspective.

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Perspective.

.Me

Is that the new material, (Active Perspex) Use the clear stuff so you can see what you are doing wrong

I have said it before and I will say it again (and again, and again) that the real sinners are the cynical exploiters who sell their expensive, rubbish machines to people hoping to make a living with them.

The amateurs who are just blowing their own trumpet having made a CNC machine out of Lego and plasticine are an amusing diversion.

Has anybody heard of Sugru, I want to build a machine out of it (with foamboard for strength) to cut titanium with 10cm DOC and at warp speed.

Nurse ! Why are you locking the door ?

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 10-04-2016 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Tranquilisers wearing off

It's funny/depressing in equal measure as all the necessary information is now freely available to those willing to search and read around the subject, I suppose that's not as glamorous as publishing shiny renderings of shonky designs!

- Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information