. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Vancouver, Canada. Last Activity: 31-05-2018 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 12.
    I've played with the Arduino and understand it, although I did buy a Raspberry Pi to try out and may as well try that. I was indeed looking for more control over the press cycles, in the hopes of making parts larger than the 2 gm ones the machine can currently run off.

I am actually only looking to do runs of a few hundred parts at most for the unit. This machine is overkill for that sort of thing, but the runs are probably too much for hand operated machines.

That video IS of my machine (same blemishes on the rods that show about 55 seconds in), although it was sold to the person I bought it from and they kept the water cooling machine.

What other machines are out there that may be more suited for parts up to about five square inches with runs of only a few hundred? I really bought the Rabit on a whim, so while I am interested in using it, I am also open to considering other options - like selling it to buy machines closer to what I need.
    Last edited by JRR; 11-05-2016 at 06:14 PM.

For just a few hundred, something like the Morgan Press is well suited. Sure, you have to stand there and pull parts, but setup time is so much faster, and the molds are super simple.

Lives in Vancouver, Canada. Last Activity: 31-05-2018 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 12.
    A few hundred for a Morgan press? Where on earth do you see that sort of pricing? The least I've ever seen them is around $1500USD or higher..

A few hundred parts are well suited to that machine.

For a few hundred bucks, you should have someone else run them. It's not worth the hassle.

Where is the fun in having other people run them off?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information