Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
Hi A_Camera

I wired the motor up and as usual nothing worked, but after adjusting some settings on the vfd I got it to rotate the motor. Now the fun starts with getting the speed settings and all the other settings adjusted to get the motor running properly. Luckily no sparks or smoke so far, just not much time at the moment to do the adjustments and mount the 80mm motor bracket instead of the 43 mm one. I would like to thank everyone here for their input and help. I must say that the Hitachi manual is not very inspiring for a beginner like me.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi,

That's one reason why I chose the Bosch Rexroth EFC 5610... excellent documentation, easy to start up just by changing a few parameters. So far, of all the over 400 pages I found only one error in it, which isn't exactly an error in the documentation, more like they forgot to describe a function which they make reference to. Anyway, I am very happy with it. OK, "inspiring" is the wrong word, but I am very much used to reading manuals, so I am happier with 500 readable pages than 16 difficult to understand ones. Being an engineer with 40 years of experience helps of course...