. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stressedwoodman For This Useful Post:

No one got an opinion whether medium preload is too much or not for a medium sized CNC router.? I am finding difficult to predict what sort or resistance this would be from the data sheets. I don't want to end up needing bigger motors just to move things.

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 775 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stressedwoodman View Post
    No one got an opinion whether medium preload is too much or not for a medium sized CNC router.? I am finding difficult to predict what sort or resistance this would be from the data sheets. I don't want to end up needing bigger motors just to move things.
    Medium preload should be fine...

Higher stiffness at the expense of life span and force required...negligible for home build :).

Stiffness values http://www.automation4less.com/pdfs/hiwinaglg.pdf

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 16-06-2016 at 07:33 AM.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Have you tried Fred at BST because I doubt you'll buy them cheaper in UK or even get close on price and they are genuine Hi-win.
    I saw BST mentioned somewhere in a post earlier too, while browsing for Bellows and Wipers (neither of which I installed when I finished the machine!) - is it BST Automation on Aliexpress you refer to? I think a couple of years ago I read Chai from Linear Motion Bearings was good so I sourced from him. Where do people tend to source these days (I might need another ballscrew if I can't get the wooddust out of this one!) and what's the quality like?

EDIT: Oh or these? BST Linear
    Last edited by mattnedgus; 29-06-2016 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added other possible supplier!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnedgus View Post
    I saw BST mentioned somewhere in a post earlier too, while browsing for Bellows and Wipers (neither of which I installed when I finished the machine!) - is it BST Automation on Aliexpress you refer to? I think a couple of years ago I read Chai from Linear Motion Bearings was good so I sourced from him. Where do people tend to source these days (I might need another ballscrew if I can't get the wooddust out of this one!) and what's the quality like?

EDIT: Oh or these? BST Linear
    Chai is a good guy but BST seems to be the place to go to now. I have purchased from both and been happy though.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Chai is a good guy but BST seems to be the place to go to now. I have purchased from both and been happy though.
    I was happy dealing with Chai but it's always nice to see what others have to offer (and I wasn't sure if Chai was still going) - did I have one of the links right for BST?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnedgus View Post
    I was happy dealing with Chai but it's always nice to see what others have to offer (and I wasn't sure if Chai was still going) - did I have one of the links right for BST?
    Yes the link is http://www.aliexpress.com/store/314742 he has a gmail account on there and Fred always answer his emails I would contact him via email for a quote.

I believe Chai is still in business.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Yes the link is http://www.aliexpress.com/store/314742 he has a gmail account on there and Fred always answer his emails I would contact him via email for a quote.

I believe Chai is still in business.
    Cheers Clive, much appreciated! I received an email back from Chai regarding bellows (they don't do) so he's still on the go which is good to know!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information