. .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by remrendes View Post
    I can give some info about that. I have one 60ASM200 at home. My computer is not enough fast for this resolution, so that is why it looks slow on a video. The electric gear ratio is 1:1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrEdBIpqx8
    Go on then, Giz a Clue?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

A square tubes looks not enough strong for me for aluminium machining.
    I'm working on this frame for alu, with a smaller motors than what you want.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Névtelen.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	18722

You should move the X ballscrow to lower. It is better between the 2 rails.
    Everything looks welded. How can you do the end machining for a rails and others?

Info about what specifically?
    I can't see who's post you are addressing and though it's obvious to you it's not obvious to me :-(
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

The design is kinda crude, it was a fast iteration. I'll probably get some time in the weekend to upgrade it so the details is more understandable. The i'm going to add end plates to the large gantry square tube. Most of the machine will be welded. I have planned to bolt the gantry and base together at the bottom of the gantry legs. I guess I need to remove the aluminium part in the title of the post sinse it's mostly steel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts
    If you send them a msg Fred will be more than happy to help and send you what you need.
    Thanks for the tips, seems like Fred is a helpful guy.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    It looks like you have the rails on the base and the carriages moving on the X-axis.
    If you have the carriages fixed on the base and the rails moving under the X-axis you can have maximum support and rigidity where you need it most at all times.
    I agree, I changed it back and forth several times. It became a compromise. Rails on the base would make sure the support is maksimum and equal at all times. However the moving base would be longer and the leverage from the longer base would put more stress on the machine. The weight of the moving part would also be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by remrendes View Post
    I can give some info about that. I have one 60ASM200 at home. My computer is not enough fast for this resolution, so that is why it looks slow on a video. The electric gear ratio is 1:1.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrEdBIpqx8
    Nice video, you got any info in addition?
    Last edited by PotatoMill; 17-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Info about what specifically?
    I can't see who's post you are addressing and though it's obvious to you it's not obvious to me :-(
    Sorry, 60ASM200 is a JMC servo motor, what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoMill View Post
    Nice video, you got any info in addition?
    I have eveything :) I can give a contact number as well, I have seen a factory in China. They are pretty good.
    If I will not forget, I'm going to upload a training video what I have from them.

The cost of servos is going to be quite high, so i'll probably for closed loop steppers instead. However the ClearPath servos seems tempting. Is there any good reason to use servos instead of closed loop steppers?

The cost of servos is going to be quite high, so i'll probably for closed loop steppers instead. However the ClearPath servos seems tempting. Is there any good reason to use servos instead of closed loop steppers?
    Closed loop steppers don't have the speed or torque capabilities of servos and are sold as an 'economical' alternative. The only good reason to use closed loop steppers is because they are cheaper.

Some cheap servos like the JMC can be similar price to most closed loop steppers, it'll be interesting to know if anyone has tested how their performances compare.

Cheers,

Fenza

Both have a feedback to driver, so both are better than a normal steppers.
    A cost of the servos is higher than what you think. E.g. you have to reduce the rpm, with 1:2 - 1:3 transmission. 1x zero backlash pulley is approx £30-40, one belt can be £15-20 and you need 3 set. With steppers, you just need a coupling.
    Unfortunately I started with servos, but I could get a cheap set from China.

Thanks for the quick response Fenza and Remrendes

According to a quick estimate I did I dont think i'm going to need any more torque than what these closed loop steppers deliver; http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-o...a-82b3fb4b4813

Estimates done with

-40kg weight of moving part
    -130N force of cutter (excessive)
    -20N friction
    -85% efficiency
    -10 m/s^2 acceleration (more than I think i'll need, but I haven built any CNC machines before so i'm not certain on this.)
    -5mm lead

Using T = (F*l)/(2*PI*n) where F is total force, l is lead per revolution, n efficiency
    I get 0.44N well within

However I do know that theory and experience dont always match up. And in real life there could be some factor that make the estimate wrong.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information