. .
    Can someone please advice me on what what size drag chain and what lengths to get for a bare bones 6040CNC. I am going to use a water cooled spindle, run a compressed air line and use shielded CY cables for stepper motors, limit switches and home switches. There will be 6 limit switches and 3 home switches with separate cables for each.

Tend to come in 1mtr lengths and I used 15x30mm to hold everything water, power, and control on similar size build 2mtr being plenty.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lucan07 For This Useful Post:

Cheers. The help is much appreciated.

If you order this drag chain, it seems to be priced by the metre (reasonably enough). If you order, say, 2 or 3 metres do you get a single length with just one set of end adaptors or 2 or 3 1-metre lengths each with end pieces? I'm about to order some and was wondering about this - or even if it much matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    If you order this drag chain, it seems to be priced by the metre (reasonably enough). If you order, say, 2 or 3 metres do you get a single length with just one set of end adaptors or 2 or 3 1-metre lengths each with end pieces? I'm about to order some and was wondering about this - or even if it much matters.
    You could even 3D print it in purple PLA

Well, thank you, Rob, for that suggestion! And don't think that I haven't considered it. Purple goes so well with my complexion...

I've also made a couple of short lengths CNC-routed from MDF based on a design I found on t'internet. That worked, but there are times when even I reckon that just buying something is easier than making. The digital panel meter I need to replace the meter on my variable voltage PSU is costing me 79p, post free, from China. I couldn't even buy the display for that price. And drag chains just have so many pieces to build up a decent length...
    Last edited by Neale; 02-05-2016 at 10:13 AM.

I got my 2 x 1mtr of 15x30 with ends from amazon(warehouse) sells off returns and damaged packs, just keeping a watch for same, cost me £2.50 mtr rather than normal £10 they seem to come up regularly. Printing for a few wires is simple for printers lasers but with the amount and type of cables involved strength will be an issue with 3d printing unless you make it very bulky.

Thread Information