. .
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Your maths seems good.
    What do you mean you only get a reading of 26?
    What are you actually commanding?
    And do you really mean 550mm?
    if I use the arrow keys on the keyboard to jog the x axis for example. I travel the whole length of the machine which is 550mm as stated in the denford manual but the dro readout in mach only say 128

so something isn't right

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    So it's out by a factor of 4.something.

Are you sure the microstepping is 10?
    Easy way to check, is if you mark a motor pulley/screw, then request a move of 3mm, it should rotate one full turn. If it doesn't, then you need to work out why.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

run the auto configuration on the X,Y & Z axis on the settings tab bottom left above reset

Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    run the auto configuration on the X,Y & Z axis on the settings tab bottom left above reset
    im using machstdmill ive no idea how to get it back to normal mach screen set

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I seem to have a recollection of certain drives having the switches the wrong way around, but if that was the case, you'd be out by a far larger factor.
    Run the test like I said, and you'll know for sure if it's the microstep setting causing the numbers to be wrong or not.

I think you should be able to swap back to the standard screen by simply selecting the standard screen, however I've never used MSM. Regardless, I prefer to calculate the steps manually, as that way I know if something isn't set how it should be, or I've got a number wrong somewhere.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

If you run machloader create a copy of your setup its a good idea to have a standard screen setup to troubleshoot, and you could run autotune.

Are you sure not mixing Motor tuning and mach default mm's and inches 26x25.4 = 660 would only be 20% out closer than 400%.
    Last edited by lucan07; 03-06-2016 at 06:00 PM.

just managed to find and use the autotune which is a great feature.

but still not right, a full x movement of the table now reads 282, so better but not right.

some thing is very odd here

Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    If you run machloader create a copy of your setup its a good idea to have a standard screen setup to troubleshoot, and you could run autotune.

Are you sure not mixing Motor tuning and mach default mm's and inches 26x25.4 = 660 would only be 20% out closer than 400%.

You are using a smoothstepper so that I suspect generates pulses rather than PC, I would look closely at the smoothstepper settings if there is a multiplier or something there, some do for servo's to get up to speed. Some good videos on warp9 for setup I saw when considering the smoothstep
    Last edited by lucan07; 03-06-2016 at 08:34 PM.

ok set the drivers to 32 steps and half current

used the auto tune feature and doing a full x travel I get 550mm, soft limt isn't working for some reason so I need to look into that

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information