. .
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Have you had a quick look at Estlcam

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    There are Vcarve plugins available for CamBam, but it's something I've never tried. Searching for "vcarve" over on the CamBam forums will through up a few threads with various links.

I've looked at Estlcam previously, particularly it's Trochoidal feature. In general I found it a bit simplistic, which limited what you could do with/configure it, however it must be a couple years since I last tried it.
    I can't remember exactly why it wouldn't work for me, but I went back to CamBam. I think it was because you had to manually compensate for the cutter width when doing Troichoidal, and Troichoidal was only available for slots, not clearing complete profile sections.

I will say though, Estlcam is good package, and is probably worth buying even if you only use it for certain jobs.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I've looked at Estlcam previously, particularly it's Trochoidal feature. In general I found it a bit simplistic.
    I liked/needed simplistic

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information