. .
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    just received the above machine today, does anyone know much about them?

it has a porters cable 23k spindle where is the best place to buy additional collets?

also is that a vacuum pump under the machine? what sort of vacuum table would I need to do work stuff on?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to andy_con For This Useful Post:

Well done, bring on the retrofit !

.Me
    .Me

ok im struggling its not going as well as id like

ive got a tiny amount of movement on the Y but cant get others moving

ive done in

but unsure if I need to do this

anyone got any thoughts on how to connect up this BoB -

https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Breakout-B...xis-with-Relay

to a spindle v4 board

http://www.diycnc.co.uk/forms/spindleV4.pdf

lots of help, offered.

thanks

At first look it appears incompatible to me as your bob is lacking outputs pin 14 on port is usually linefeed or control 1 as used on board shown in spindle board diagram this is not available on your BOB I would contact DIYCNC on the email on instructions tho they may just say buy another bob or possible take feed directly from parallel port.

Knowing nothing about these particular boards I could not advise on non standard wiring.

Just noticed your using a smoothstepper so may be able to pick up 14 16 17 and Gnd from that again not familiar but from memory what I have read may be possible.

A quick google sugests this is possible but be aware that they use the old wiring on the board according to what I read 1-13 on one side and 14-26 on other standard now is odd one side even the other.
    Last edited by lucan07; 01-06-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Looking at the datasheets, the BOB and V4 are not compatible.

Without swapping either component or buying a new BOB, I'd say wire the V4 straight to the second port on the SS.
    You could buy a second BOB which uses common ground for the step/dir pins, but if you're only going to be using the second port for spindle control, I'd just wire it directly.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

with the help of a friend the v4 board is now connected and motor is spinning

but im having a new dro issues in mach.

motors are 200 steps / revDirect drive, no gearing.Lea
    dscrew is 3mm pitch (1 rotation moves 3mm) waiting to get exact pitch from denford forum
    Microstepping is 1/10 (stepper drivers are set to 10)
    so:No. of steps per mm is = 200 * 10 * (1/3) = 667

but when I put 667 into steps per in mach the actual machine moves 550mm but I only get a reading of about 26 on the dro

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Your maths seems good.
    What do you mean you only get a reading of 26?
    What are you actually commanding?
    And do you really mean 550mm?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information