. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jim's link seems to be the goto for this type but these work just as good:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291550458942

Depends what you want really, can't believe the price on some of the "big boy" ones with a brand name attached.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 07-05-2016 at 01:44 AM.
    .Me

My set arrived in the post today - enough crimps to last several lifetimes.

Just a comment on soldering the ends of wires - this can lead to embrittlement and a joint more liable to fail in flexing. The other comment is that, I remember reading an IEEE article some time ago, comparing crimped against soldered joints and was surprised that crimped joints are better conducting than soldered joints.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Mine arrived yesterday. Probably a guy in China scratching his head and wondering why there's been a sudden batch of UK orders!

Also have crimping tool now so all ready for wiring new control cabinet. Heading for garage to start installing DIN rails...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Cool, new there would be an interest:).

Now I just need a nice tackle box to put them all in with my other crimp tools and so on.

Was thinking of this:
    http://chaloncomponents.co.uk/avit-c...r-av11011.html

But no not paying that much!, then on Monday I went into Lidl for a mooch as it's on the door step for the school run/walking Mrs to work...WHAT DO I FIND? they've got the same box's in...wait for it... £6!

I still didn't buy any lol BUT I did forget all about them, so going in the morning to get a couple, the only difference i could tell was the clips that hold the lid shut, wasn't as posh as the one above but was plenty good enough.

Don't mind posting some out if I can still get them, will update tomorrow.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 19-05-2016 at 10:14 PM.
    .Me

I have got one of those boxes somewhere in this heap, categorised as 'pending being sorted'Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1557.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	18478 I will get organised one day, but after that day it will revert to mancave entropy.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I have got one of those boxes somewhere in this heap, categorised as 'pending being sorted'Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1557.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	18478 I will get organised one day, but after that day it will revert to mancave entropy.
    Humm "cnc electrical" sounds intriguing!

Just found these: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/222074734823

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 20-05-2016 at 07:29 AM.
    .Me

Just to prove old dogs can learn new tricks I ordered a set of these and a couple of cheap chinese ratchet crimpers, it is now easier than solder tinning and just as effective. When I was put off crimped connections (76) the ratchet crimpers were either not available or not affordable, and the cheap standard hinged crimpers were responsible for more problems with badly fitted crimped connectors causing problems by arcing or slipping than I care to remember.
    As a bonus the ferule crimper is great for the break and gear cable ferules on my road bike's too. Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information