. .
    Austin Allen 250 PRT Injection Moulder

If I remember rightly it has a shot capacity of 12gm.

It needs 1kw single phase (240vac) for the heater and electrics. @80psi, air consumption is 7.8cfm for a 10 second cycle, but on single shots you can get by with a 4cfm compressor (just). On auto the cycle time can be adjusted from 3-50 seconds.

The lock pressure is 7.5 tons @ 100psi and 9 tons @ 120psi

Maximum mould (billet size) 7.5" x 8" x 4" (x2 as they are mould halves) the mould can then open upto 4" for part ejection.

Machine foot print 32" x 15" and it's 66" tall, can be broken down into two or more parts for transport. I got it home in an estate vehicle, the machine is over 200kgs in total weight.

I don't have any pellets left as they are long gone, last used with nylon some years back. I am looking for £600 ono, buyer collect I'm afraid from South Yorkshire, it has the original operating and service manual.

Any further questions please just ask.

OK no takers at £600, anyone interested at £500.

Maybe too late but I have sent you an email.

Hi Graham if Joules has already sold his Austin I have recently come into possession of one I want to sell if you're still looking.

Cheers Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon S View Post
    Hi Graham if Joules has already sold his Austin I have recently come into possession of one I want to sell if you're still looking.

Cheers Simon
    Hi Simon,

It seems they are like buses :) I've been in contact with Joules and am picking the unit up tonight. Perhaps we can start an alternative Austin owners club!

Cheers,

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    OK no takers at £600, anyone interested at £500.
    Now SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Simon S View Post

Cheers Simon
    Hi Simon,

I am interested in your moulder, can you PM pictures?

Regards

g

i would also be interested if still available

I used to have several moulding machines - small ones made by Austin-Allen and were single phase. OK for small parts. I sold the machines many years ago but now find that I need some moulding made using the tooling I made for the Austin-Allen machines.
    If there is anyone out there who has any Austin-Allen machines and would like to make a few bob doing some moulding, please get in touch. I can promise you will be glad you did.

Cheers

Thread Information