. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi All,

To re-arrange my cnc workbench to make life easier, I need to extend the 4 pin cables from the stepper motors. Does anyone know where I can purchase such cables?

Cheers

Gary

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryWilliams View Post
    Hi All,

To re-arrange my cnc workbench to make life easier, I need to extend the 4 pin cables from the stepper motors. Does anyone know where I can purchase such cables?

Cheers

Gary
    We need to know what type of cable you require, it is quite normal to use 4 core cy cable as: http://www.csecables.com/flexible-co...creened-cable/ 0.75mm or 1mm

Make sure you connect the cables core to core and not get them crossed the cables cores are black but do have numbers on them
    Last edited by Clive S; 09-05-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    We need to know what type of cable you require, it is quite normal to use 4 core cy cable as: http://www.csecables.com/flexible-co...creened-cable/ 0.75mm or 1mm

Make sure you connect the cables core to core and not get them crossed the cables cores are black but do have numbers on them
    Hi Clive,

Yes, that is the cable. The large flying socket fitted on my cables is the XLR 4 pin type that screws into a panel mounted plug on the cnc controller. I cannot find any screw type flying plugs that fit. I may have to replace all the cables :(

Cheers

Gary

just search fleebay etc for "4 pin aviation plugs"

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryWilliams View Post
    Hi Clive,

Yes, that is the cable. The large flying socket fitted on my cables is the XLR 4 pin type that screws into a panel mounted plug on the cnc controller. I cannot find any screw type flying plugs that fit. I may have to replace all the cables :(

Cheers

Gary
    Why can't you use the old plugs.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Its going to take you far longer looking and asking than just fitting new cables.

BTW 4 pin aviation plugs are NOT XLR's
    Last edited by John S; 09-05-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    John S -

Maplin have the plugs & have sockets in line and chassis mount in stock in my local store,

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Maplin have the plugs & have sockets in line and chassis mount in stock in my local store,

- Nick
    I was going to recommend Audiospares Derby, but just found out they went belly up last year.

Amazon do them https://www.amazon.co.uk/BQLZR-Silve.../dp/B00IJ673ZW

If you can wait for delivery - http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/10pcs-lot-Silver-Metal-Aviation-Plug-Panel-Power-Chassis-Male-Female-Wire-GX16-4-Pin-16mm/32528830022.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.5oYF2 8

Last edited by cropwell; 09-05-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Hi All,

Thanks for the information, I found the correct plugs and sockets on ebay.

Cheers

Gary

Hi...i think its not such a big issue. Easily you can find that type of cable anywhere. Try from local store or you can try it online also. If still you will not be able to find it then go for building it by yourself. Just take a ribbon wire with you and some connectors and you can build it.

pcb component assembly
    Last edited by RobertBil; 20-09-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information