. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Argh Painting.!!! That why I bought plastic coater.?. . . . Now every thing gets plastic coated. .

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Quick update on this - I stuck with the regular non-ferrous primer (as I have a couple of cans of the stuff) and made sure that I rubbed it down properly with an old sock to knock the dusty texture off the primer coat. Then it was 2 light coats of black gloss followed by one slightly heavier coat - now I'm totally getting what Magicniner was saying in his post on the previous page... You've really got to watch for that fine line between the paint building up into a layer just thick enough to give you a glossy coat - too much more after that and I can see that it would have run. Luckily I was paying attention and the finish came out pretty sweet...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_o7nmglOpmr1r7uds7o6_r1_1280.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	18498 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_o7nmglOpmr1r7uds7o9_r1_1280.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	18497 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_o7nmglOpmr1r7uds7o4_r1_1280.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	18496

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    As usual Wal another nice job well done
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Totally agree Clive, another quality Wal production...always look forward to seeing your stuff Wal.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    As usual Wal another nice job well done
    But don't you think Clive the Screw slots being arranged Vertical to follow the lines of the handle sides would be nicer touch. . . . Great job Wal and nice shine.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 25-05-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    But don't you think Clive the Screw slots being arranged Vertical to follow the lines of the handle sides would be nicer touch. . . . Great job Wal and nice shine.
    Yes I do then it would also match the grain on the door. I will have a word with him the next time we meet up.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Nice job Wal, You obviously have your Full License for the old Airyassol-Can ;-)
    Matching screw alignment shows you care, don't listen to them, the angle of the dangle doesn't matter provided they match :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Hehe. Cheers guys! I uhhmm-ed and ahh-ed about those screws for a good half hour... 😵

Wal.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information