. .
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    These would be ball bearing races so not repairable in that way.

Ain't a ball screw a ball bearing that could rotate as high as 3000rpm?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I'm losing the plot here Boyan, I'm talking about the bearings inside the 1-1/2Hp spindle drive motor are buggered. ;)

Drop-plates for X & Y servo motors - 10mm, 12mm, 15mm thick ally??

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Drop-plates for X & Y servo motors - 10mm, 12mm, 15mm thick ally??
    Thicker will be better, but it will depend on servo shaft length/pulley thickness as to what's practical. Some form of box section would be better/stiffer.

Regarding the motor bearings, unless the motor has some odd wiring/end cap configuration and/or you damage the windings trying to lever the end caps off, stripping it and replacing the bearings shouldn't be a problem.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I'm losing the plot here Boyan, I'm talking about the bearings inside the 1-1/2Hp spindle drive motor are buggered. ;)

I was saying if it works for removing ball screw backslash and the ball screw is in fact a more complex ball bearing , its worth a try at the cheap price of it. How fast this motor moves? 1200rpm? Same as ball screw.

I see as a better idea changing to cheap Dc motor or better servo motor. And why not a cheap modern normal motor , disassemble, weld some shaft and machine it on place. That would be super simple. And a bracket adaptor
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I'm going to have a go at dismantling i think, try that first.

A 2.0kw AC servo would be best but a toss-up between money and easy-fit;)

Well, I spent a good few hours trying to dismantle this motor while being very careful not to risk damage, I could not even get the drive disc off the long shaft, seized well on. There is also a pressed-on fan at the top to shift which would likely bend/break so i carefully replaced what i had done and left it.

So my choice is now to build the cabinet and wire for the VFD / motor OR throw one of these in...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...037588952.html

I have asked the guy for a 2kw or 2.2kw 3000rpm unit but not had a reply yet, seems the bigger servos don't have the speed needed.

Fitting would be easy, but the only benefit i would really see is the easy and accurate speed control - I don't need/want rigid tapping although i think it would be useful for smaller taps maybe - what is needed to gain rigid tapping?? Is it just a setup option or do i need more CSMIO modules??

Pulleys/belt - 44t HTD8 x 30mm should handle it ok.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You'd need an ENC module if you wanted to do rigid tapping.

The motor will most likely run for a long time before the bearings get bad enough to cause issues. If you could get some fresh grease into them, it would most likely make them last even longer and quieten them down.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information