. .
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I got it from here https://hindleys.com/index.php/ Its 1.5mm black-white-black engraving plastic, 600x300 sheet, £14 delivered.

First time i've used it and came out perfect, used a 30deg engraving tool, 0.2mm tip, 24000rpm, 900mm/min, air blast only and used an Aspire V-Carve path. Outer edges were cut with a 2mm single flute carbide bit with 6mm x 0.6mm tabs.
    Dave very nice, what font did you use. IN fact could you post the dxf up.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

DXF attached for a square button tag, the font is Arial BTW

Button Tag Square.dxf

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Davek0974 For This Useful Post:

Got the panel finished, just need to find a few blanking plugs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1512.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	1,018.0 KB 
ID:	19119

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Got the panel finished, just need to find a few blanking plugs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1512.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	1,018.0 KB 
ID:	19119
    Ah ah just bought 2 of those KB of flee bay.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Very nice again Dave. How come you did not put some grad marks on the feed and speed

I have made a few for mine but cut them out just with the 60' V cutter. Saves changing tools.

Did you use Bold Arial
    Last edited by Clive S; 01-09-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

:)
    Grad marks would be meaningless i thought as its based on the screen display not any real position so i didn't bother, i can always redo them i guess one day ;)

Yes it was Arial Bold and a v-carve path

Anyone have any views on what sort of speed and acceleration i should be aiming for?

Bearing in mind it has a relatively low spindle speed, even in aluminium, the feed rates are pretty low, I don't think it's worth going much above 2500mm/min?

I have read that there is a point in acceleration where Mach starts rounding corners etc, is this a known point or just something that can happen at some setting value?

Its currently set for 1000mm/min but that seems quite harsh when you do a rapid, it makes the machine shake a little at start/stop of the move.

Judging from power servo feeds made for that machine, ~900mm/min is the maximum. i think a machine like that could even reach a maximum of 5000mm/min but with slow acceleration. So if servo motors could do the trick of moving it fast, its up to you to decide the balance between speed and acceleration, depending on what you would be doing.

I have to ask Jeff who has a servo driven similar machine, but as far as i remember once he told me, he doesn't push it more than 500mm/min ever.

So no point of making it run away from your workshop if not needed. I would leave it like that / ~900mm/min / and with normal acceleration. Then with the time you know it better you could fine tune it.

Whats your acceleration set at?
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 05-09-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

It needs to be a bit faster, i have tool paths that run 1150mm/min, i think 2500 may be a good compromise. The servos themselves will easily push it to 7500mm/min if i let them but it is very scary.

I will try my usual 1/10 rule - 2500mm/min and 250 acceleration and see how it goes i think.

250 acceleration is not much, so even if scary at first, i think 2500mm/min will not be a problem. Dave, i have set 3000 acceleration on my machine, now that's scary, when you see 200kg gantry flying around with that speed.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information