. .
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,605. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    In the end, this is what I went for and is now for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bridgepor...torefresh=true

Hi,
    where did you buy your Panasonic servo motors and drives.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,605. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Barron View Post
    Hi,
    Who are you asking?

Hi,
    I was in a thread a few weeks ago and it was pointed out to me how much Yaskawa had come down in price. You can get 750W set for around £450-500 on Ebay just search Yaskawa Sigma. I'd use these over most other makes and DMM or Delta etc don't compare to Yaskawa, esp when it comes to tuning and software. They basically tune them selfs on the fly. Go to youtube and check out the Vides and the tuning software.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I was in a thread a few weeks ago and it was pointed out to me how much Yaskawa had come down in price. You can get 750W set for around £450-500 on Ebay just search Yaskawa Sigma. I'd use these over most other makes and DMM or Delta etc don't compare to Yaskawa, esp when it comes to tuning and software. They basically tune them selfs on the fly. Go to youtube and check out the Vides and the tuning software.
    A good shout. The 'premium' brands are worth it if you can afford their kit.

You did a very positive youtube video on the BST servos/drives, how did they perform on the machine? The 750w Yaskawa drives at £500 is that second hand.

You did a very positive youtube video on the BST servos/drives, how did they perform on the machine? The 750w Yaskawa drives at £500 is that second hand.
    If you are talking about the 1.8Kw then yes they worked fine, they actually ended up on a Lathe. Well 2 did the third I still have waiting for a project.
    I've also got some 600W 60mm here that I may do a video on as well.

The Yaskawa where new here a link for one I just did a quick search on Ebay, if you look around you may find them cheaper. They are fluctuating in price I've noticed, obviously because of the state of the markets.!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/750W-YASK...f7dd09cee77dea

FYI, I used Machine Parts Store on AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8537...27424c4dIg5u4J
    Service was good, the machining worked for me and the price was right.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks for all the advice I have now ordered from an eBay supplier in China as I did not get any replies to my request for quotes from AliExpress and am going ahead with C7 spec 25mm ballscrews and double ballnuts. Cost was £179 inclusive of eBay fees of £24 which the vendor detailed separately and was clearly upset about!

I guess machining the yoke will be fun as in order to align the bore I will have to centre both the tailstock and headstock ends of the existing bore and I can envisage them fighting with each other for alignment. Anyhow it keeps us out the Pub.
    Cheers
    David

Wasn't too difficult to set it up in my case. There was a machined surface that I bolted against the face plate and I got the bore dialled in quite accurately with a bit of care.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information