. .
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Got the lube parts from Lubetec, very fast delivery.
    They're stockists for the Bijur range so should be :)

One of the (many) things I've still to do is finish off the control/safety circuits...I've forgotten what I was going to do so probably going to start from scratch again and try to get my head round the subject (I hate electrickery stuff!!) again :) The CSMIO products are good, I'm glad I went with them.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    Not being funny (well perhaps just a little) but I would not let mach decide I would definitely tell it which ones to use, the thought of mach going eenie meenie minie mo doesn't inspire me with confidence.. Sorry couldnt resist that!
    Let me expand...

I will have two Mach profiles - std Bridgeport & engraving

In profile 1 I have say output 7 defined as active low and no other connection
    In profile 2 I have say output 8 defined as active low and no other connection

On the CSMIO each one of these outputs controls a respective VFD these outputs, being active low will come on as soon as Mach has started up and will stay on regardless of Mach reset condition.

So to do engraving I would fit the aux spindle and tell Mach to use profile 2 and so on.

It doesn't actually decide what to do, it just chooses the correct VFD for the profile I click on.
    Last edited by Davek0974; 03-06-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    They're stockists for the Bijur range so should be :)

One of the (many) things I've still to do is finish off the control/safety circuits...I've forgotten what I was going to do so probably going to start from scratch again and try to get my head round the subject (I hate electrickery stuff!!) again :) The CSMIO products are good, I'm glad I went with them.
    I love the electrickery stuff - I have been cussed many times on here because I try to go too far with system controls etc - I am used to using PLC's and pneumatics at work and it tends to spread to my stuff ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I love the electrickery stuff - I have been cussed many times on here because I try to go too far with system controls etc - I am used to using PLC's and pneumatics at work and it tends to spread to my stuff ;)
    I'll come to you then for double checking my stuff then, I did some programming, PLC and PIC stuff on my degree....but that was 15 years ago and I've forgotten more than I knew...which wasn't much in the first place!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I will have two Mach profiles - std Bridgeport & engraving
    I am doing something similar but with linuxcnc and mesa combo 5i25 + 7i76 so that one profile controls the lathe and the other the mill with one control box
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Sounds good, two machines with one system does seem to make sense when most of the I/O is the same.

Got the ram and knuckle on this morning, also stripped and painted the saddle and head.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1367s.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	18561

Also fitted a spacer here as the gear mesh was terrible, way too wide. For the first time in all the years i've owned her, the knee now glides up and down silently

Name:	IMG_1368s.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	18562

Looking lovely Dave, looks so much nicer cleaned up and painted, should turn out to be a nice conversion/restoration.

.Me
    .Me

Got the head on, spindle in and new oil pipes plumbed in and tested.

Name:	IMG_1370s.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	18580

Also stripped and painted the lower drive housings and scraped out the wax that used to be grease ;)

Looking good Dave, are you fitting new ballscrews you ordered as you re assemble or are they fairly easy to access/fit without breaking down the whole thing again?

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information