. .
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Sub-table for the engraving spindle...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sub-Table v6.png 
Views:	765 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	19180

Holes A are for M10 or M12 CSK socket-head screws to bolt into the Bridgeport T-Slots, holes B are two locating dowels on the rear face to sit in the middle slot on the main table, keep it all square etc :)

25mm eco-cast tooling plate.

Dave, once setup drop a couple of shallow keyways in the plate both vertically and horizontally so you can drop a piece of key steel in to act as back and / or side stops to get parts square
    John S -

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

Sub-table is coming along nicely, can just be seen in the bottom of the picture, just the matrix holes to drill & tap now...

Name:	dIMG_1545.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	19237

The new spindle motor fitted my adaptor perfectly, got the VFD dialled in nicely, just the water cooling to sort out.

Job done, turned out very nice.

100 holes, spotted, drilled, countersunk, blind-tapped M6

Name:	IMG_1564.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	19282

Surface was parallel to within 0.03mm max so i'm not going to bother running a facing cut.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    G84 is rigid tap cycle.

You should have bought one of these.

£450 landed in UK.

No computer, no monitor, no windows license, no Mach licence, No CSIO box of tricks.

Does rigid tapping, tool changer, pendant, all built in.

These are going to be a game changer in the future.
    Is this going back to the old style controllers?
    Are the inputs manual or autocad? Does it connect directly to servo drivers?
    Thanks
    Colin

Takes standard Fanuc G-code.

Plugs and sockets on the back to go direct to drivers, tool changer, VFD for spindle, encoder for threading or rigid tapping, probe and pendant.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Barron View Post
    Is this going back to the old style controllers?
    Are the inputs manual or autocad? Does it connect directly to servo drivers?
    Thanks
    Colin

I would not say old style controllers, I would say professional. There is an element of setup but not as much as you would think. You will also need to change your habits if you are used to Mach or EMC, for example: just zeroing your part may not actually write the current offest to G54.

Some standalones, like my GSK980MDc also allow you access to the ladder logic so you can tweak it to your hearts content. Been trying to learn this myself but it is proving a tad difficult since there is very little to go on except some cryptic manuals.

Another element I have seen is that some controllers will accept DXF file direct input for drilled holes. You set each hole size in a different coloured layer and do all the coding on the console.

What I really like is that it moves away from the classic argument of EMC vs Mach, parallel vs motion controller etc. It just sort of works.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

To get back on track....

Have decided to replace the little Bridgeport motor and simple V/Hz VFD with a 3Hp inverter rated motor, sensorless-vector vfd, timing belt drive and encoder - this should give me usable torque and power from about 300rpm to 3000rpm and also semi-closed-loop speed regulation as Mach and the CSMIO controller will maintain the speed as load changes, up to the point of tripping the vfd :)

It means i can finally get rid of the clattering vari-speed pulleys and power-sapping drive and not have to mess with setting the speed manually. I also get actual speed display on-screen.

Also got the braking resistor so stopping time should be about 1s or less.
    Last edited by Davek0974; 02-10-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Told you ages ago you should have bought that step speed head with brand new 3Hp motor already fitted ( sigh )
    John S -

Yeah i know, live and learn :)

I think this this will be a step ahead of even the step-pulley though as it will be timing belt drive and no step-pulleys at all ;)

Needs the timing belt as i'm mounting the encoder on the motor shaft at 1:1 drive

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information