. .
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    G84 is rigid tap cycle.

You should have bought one of these.

£450 landed in UK.

No computer, no monitor, no windows license, no Mach licence, No CSIO box of tricks.

Does rigid tapping, tool changer, pendant, all built in.

These are going to be a game changer in the future.
    Link to seller?

Quote Originally Posted by scubatricky View Post
    Link to seller?
    http://www.cncmakers.com/cnc/control...s_for_Milling/

;)

The old girl is now sporting a QC30 spindle with BT30 drawbar :)

Better tool position and one step nearer to an ATC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180223_111336_resized_20180223_111405108.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	23806

Quote Originally Posted by scubatricky View Post
    Link to seller?
    Sadly my old mate John S is no longer with us but this was the place he got one from. Not sure they still have same model.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...212162836.html

I've got one of these and it's been controlling my Shizuoka 3 axis machine for the last 6 months or so. It seems to do most stuff you'd want but the Chinglish is too strong to understand in many places - it's just machine translated. It's not a bad solution but there are some areas I've just given up on. There are only so many hundred hours you can spend trying to figure stuff out.

I'm going to remove it from my main CNC machine and use it instead on my Bridgeport conversion. For the main machine I've just bought a Centroid Acorn. Didn't think I'd go this way but I really don't fancy the investment of time required to implement Linuxcnc but the Newker controller isn't working out for me.

I found 2 companies that seem to sell the exact same product. As ever, it's not clear who designed it and who manufactures it but they are different entities.

Newker is the brand I bought. The 4 axis mid range product is the 990MDb (M means milling, T means turning). I bought mine in China when I was there and brought it back myself. I paid about £350. That's not bad value....

Newkye is the other place. The manuals are identical and so are the products, so not much to choose between them.

There are some videos of the machine and controller in use on my YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo5..._as=subscriber

Murray

If you fancy a stab at the Baidu Chinglish Challenge, follow the link to the manual.
    Last edited by Muzzer; 23-02-2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Link to manual

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Latest on this? I'm now looking for a 'CNC' Bridgeport type machine. Whilst I have Thor, Id like something more suitable for cutting harder metals.

Latest is that she is still munching metal :)

If asked, would i recommend anyone to convert?? The answer is no, the cost benefit is not there, I have spent probably around £8-9k on this now and at the end of the day its still a Bridgeport.

If you have the space, I would go for a VMC any time, even an old one. I do not have room or power for anything bigger so that was my reasoning to convert the Bridgy, but its not ideal - i can put the head out of tram easily, you still have to take "Bridgeport" style cuts so no hogging hard steel with big tools, you have to convert the knee to regain decent Z travel, it needs a servo drive spindle but that needs a lot of kW, and so on.

But it is capable of doing stunning things when compared to a manual machine :)

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Latest is that she is still munching metal :)

If asked, would i recommend anyone to convert?? The answer is no, the cost benefit is not there, I have spent probably around £8-9k on this now and at the end of the day its still a Bridgeport.

If you have the space, I would go for a VMC any time, even an old one. I do not have room or power for anything bigger so that was my reasoning to convert the Bridgy, but its not ideal - i can put the head out of tram easily, you still have to take "Bridgeport" style cuts so no hogging hard steel with big tools, you have to convert the knee to regain decent Z travel, it needs a servo drive spindle but that needs a lot of kW, and so on.

But it is capable of doing stunning things when compared to a manual machine :)
    Thanks. My limit is 2.1m roof (perhaps another 150mm if I remove the sheet cover) and then power (60A if I upgrade my breaker, single phase).

Finding a small VMC seems impossible ....

Would you say that the Universal 2S mill (or similar) has the same limitations?

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread Information