Ok set speed for 2500 and acceleration for 400, moving right along - servo tuning.

Have done nothing on these apart from an auto-tune in CSMIO setup. I thought the results were ok, but having spent a few hours today scouring the 'net it seems they were pretty bad really. The first video here shows one axis after an auto-tune. Now, I have zero experience with servo's, being stepper builds up to this build, so I stand to be fully corrected but, i think the graph shows pretty bad over-shoot or oscillation?

So, throwing caution to the wind, i dived in and removed all of the "I" and "D" parameters as well as the "ff" or fudge-factor i think its called. That seemed to improve things so i started increasing the gain in steps of 1,000 and the graph seems better to my untrained eye?

The following error is lower, dead-band is reached faster and the dials on the machine no longer overshoot and slowly wind back to a stop - this was a concern as i could see it affecting cut quality etc.

This video was shot after my messing around...

Now, please feel free to rain on my parade, but does the last video look happier than the first?
Is there any issue running with zero "I". "D" & "ff" values?
I can't hear any grumbling from the motors, there is no visible 'hunting' at idle, following errors are down and the dials now stop on a dime as shown.

The Z axis would not tolerate as much gain and did go into permanent oscillation once so i backed off a fair bit but still no "I", "D" & "ff" values.

Suggestions?