. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lives in Bangkok, Thailand. Last Activity: 27-07-2016 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    It looks good! I have not built my own router yet, still planning ;) So you have alot more experience thanks me, but have you tried to cut aluminium with this design? From what Ive read the tall thin gantry uprights are more suitable for wood and plastic? Best of luck to you!

The machine was finished build but still not finished update detail at this forum

For test cut aluminum , yeah i already test cut it after finished build and it can cut aluminum but with this design it not good for metal work or aluminum work.

Amazing how someone videoing a machine test completely omits the machine, could have been any machine and not necessarily a very good one in video, nothing suggests that this same machine, or that it is stable, could be the gantry swings like a pendulum so you don't want to show it even long shots take care not to show enough of machine to identify it.

Lives in Bangkok, Thailand. Last Activity: 27-07-2016 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 15.
    Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Complete build ::
    Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    Amazing how someone videoing a machine test completely omits the machine, could have been any machine and not necessarily a very good one in video, nothing suggests that this same machine, or that it is stable, could be the gantry swings like a pendulum so you don't want to show it even long shots take care not to show enough of machine to identify it.
    :D , Sorry for not do video review machine first and it not swings but it vibrate.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    iD2 What are the yellow bits for on the back of the motors? if they have any weight they will certainly compromise the machine with the extra inertia.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    iD2 What are the yellow bits for on the back of the motors? if they have any weight they will certainly compromise the machine with the extra inertia.
    That was dampers , it come with stepper motor.Dampers

Quote Originally Posted by iD2 View Post
    That was dampers , it come with stepper motor.
    Looks cool. Practical if you need to manually move an axis. Just don't rotate too fast because the motors work as generators as well, and will feed back currents the wrong way. Depending on your stepper driver, it may cause harm if you rotate the dial too fast.

Do you really feel the need/use of dampers? Have you tried with/without? OK, it came with the machine, so no reason not to have them, but I am curious if they are actually doing anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by iD2 View Post
    That was dampers , it come with stepper motor.Dampers
    I've not read your thread bit if you have bought a complete machine and it came fitted with those dampers on then it suggests your drives are not the best and affected by resonance.?
    Back in stone age it was common Hack to get around resonance crippling performance. It's not a Good thing.!!

If not and the drives are of decent quality with Mid mad resonance damping capabiltys then remove them because they will be affecting performance.

A quick scan of the thread points out he's actually trying to sell the plans and parts to build these machines, apparently they're the best thing since sliced bread, glad I bake my own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information