. .
    Got fed up of hoovering the keyboards to remove aluminium chips and Dust so decided to try out a dust & waterproof solution.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Quite surprised at the responsiveness of the rubber keyboards now some of the early ones were pretty cr@p to say the least, a quick blast with the air line or even a swill under the tap now and no more sticking keys because I blew a chip into the keyboard, and nothing gets to hide underneath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0671.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	342.3 KB 
ID:	18487  

I mount my keyboard at a high level, the monitor is on a swing-out wall mount and the keyboard is just under it on a Heath-Robinson affair knocked up from plywood and superglue ;-)

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Google KYBNA-SIL-MINCBK - I got one of these for fifteen quid of eBay a while ago. I'm not keen on the mouse control but the keyboard is fine - and like you say, a quick blast from an airline gets rid of all the chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Google KYBNA-SIL-MINCBK - I got one of these for fifteen quid of eBay a while ago. I'm not keen on the mouse control but the keyboard is fine - and like you say, a quick blast from an airline gets rid of all the chips.
    I also use one of these and like the size and the feel of the keys, I do use a seperate mouse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Accumed.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	18491  

Looks nice. It is a good idea that it is easy to clean, though I don't have such issues so it isn't for me. I am using a wireless, small keyboard (not rubber, like yours) which is easy to move around with, but I don't often need to handle the CNC with that one. I also have a dedicated numeric keypad, which is wired, because wired communication is more reliable than wireless. I would hate if the keyboard would for any reason lose contact with the PC at any critical moment or would not react exactly when I wanted it to react.

I picked up one of these to use for my next machine.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/iKey-Keyboar...QAAOSwAYtWKpFA
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Not so cheap but I use one of these, you could even use it in the mill with flood coolant running !
    https://www.scan.co.uk/products/keys...h-touchpad-usb

Thread Information