Hi Guys, Just a very quick question. I am building a new machine and have done my research here and on other forums to build a good sturdy design for milling timber, ali and steel.

I am using SBR20 fully supported rails and they definitely have a very tight fit (zero play) in all directions except for the radial axis with the rod.

I have built the frame and everything is pretty much completely square as I tack welded the whole frame and adjusted accordingly. The only part that is not completely level is the top box steel that the linear rails will be mounted to. Both sides are completely planar but both sides also lean inwards slightly across the top where the rails will mount.

My question is: The bearing are extremely tight except for the radial side and they offer enough play for me to level the bearing mounts flat to the gantry. Is this acceptable as it is considering all other sides are completely square or would I need to level it using epoxy?

I recognize that in a perfect world It should be perfect but I cant see why it wouldn't work the way it is considering the mounts will allow me to twist around the linear bearing.

Photo:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Router modded.png 
Views:	268 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	18488