. .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Can you show your working for the maths that give you this result? ;-)
    1 inch approx 25.4 mm so if moving 25.4 to 1 = 2540%

Your trying to run before can walk.??

First job before trying to run any G-code is to make sure the machine is setup correctly and know how mach3 works. Ie It's fundimental thing to know why Dro is Red or Green. Means the Axis as been homed or pushed ref all home if no home switches.
    I suggets you read the manual and learn Mach basics before trying to run G-code.

It's impossible to Mix Inch and MM in same setup without using a scaling factor. So if this is definatley happening then highly likely your Steps per setting is wrong.

To help you further you need to give more detailed info about your system. Your one line cryptic replies are pretty useless.

Tell us the Micro steps set on drives and the pitch of the ballscrew and if any ratio using timing belts etc and will give you the exact steps per setting. This will remove any guess work on your part.

When the Steps Per setting is correct then any error is either from the G-code or Mechanical. Mach3 just does exactly what it's told.

Quote Originally Posted by lucan07 View Post
    Mach doesn't scale by percent enter 2540 into the scale Dro and see what happens.!!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-05-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Mach doesn't scale by percent enter 2540 into the scale Dro and see what happens.!!!

I know how it works it was the factor of the tuning error required to produce results claimed.

Sparks. . . .Is the PC for machine connected to the internet and do you have fast internet connection.? If so then I can Remote into your system and check whats going on.
    Will still need the info I asked for thou. PM me if want to do this.

I know how it works it was the factor of the tuning error required to produce results claimed.
    It's impossible to produce what was claimed. Can only be one or the other can't work in both units without axis scaling.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    It's impossible to produce what was claimed. Can only be one or the other can't work in both units without axis scaling.!

With the tuning steps per unit entered at 2540% of required value would be the only way it could occur, which is what I was saying because it cannot work in both units.

With the tuning steps per unit entered at 2540% of required value would be the only way it could occur, which is what I was saying because it cannot work in both units.
    Yes understand but not very likely that two axis would be correct for MM and one exactly 2540% different.!! Plus if sparks used Auto tuning correctly then Mach would take care of Steps per. Axis scaling is the only way it can happen if machine is setup correctly.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-05-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Having helped him on other threads, I know its unlikely that it is in inches, I was pointing out how far it would have to out in order to be doing what is claimed. I was tempted and perhaps should have given the only sensible response RTFM.

Sorry, yes. I didn't read carefully enough.
    What confused me was that I'd already given a direct solution by telling the OP to multiply his Z axis steps per by 25.4 rather than spewing out proportions or percentages for the OP to work out, which might confuse him as easily as me ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information