. .
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm wanting to do some experimenting, so need a few steppers and drivers. They won't physically be driving anything, and will be getting run from my bench power supply, but my only requirement is the drivers must have screw terminals.

I've had a quick search, and there are plenty small drivers with pin headers, but I really don't want to have to faff around dealing with pin headers.

So anybody got any suggestions?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm wanting to do some experimenting, so need a few steppers and drivers. They won't physically be driving anything, and will be getting run from my bench power supply, but my only requirement is the drivers must have screw terminals.

I've had a quick search, and there are plenty small drivers with pin headers, but I really don't want to have to faff around dealing with pin headers.

So anybody got any suggestions?
    Without all the flack!! How about these for throw away drivers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TB6560-Dri...item5b17c7f91f
    Last edited by Clive S; 31-05-2016 at 09:01 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Or these if you want a little circuit protection included
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-48V-CNC...AAAOSwR5dXSWv3

I've tried "Throw away drivers", guess what, I threw them away.
    If you can get a recommendation from someone who has good working drivers from a particular recommended seller, all well and good, otherwise you may spend more time fault finding and sending back trash than is worth your while.

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I bought a couple of TB6600 drivers from Aliexpress (Amy Supermarket was the supplier, although my specific devices don't seem to be listed any more). I've used these off 24V driving NEMA17 motors without any problems, although I haven't worked them that hard. I see that similar devices are available via Aliexpress at £5-£7 or so with free shipping, or go for Lucan07's version via eBay. Trouble seems to be that they all look more or less the same, but you don't know what's actually in them, I guess.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Cheers guys.
    Those enclosed TB6600 ones Lucan linked to look like they'll do the job.

Magic, they're only for some bench testing, so I'm not that worried about reliability. They'll only be getting connected to some small steppers and a max of 30V, so I'm not going to be pushing them hard.

I rewired a clapped out 6040 for someone with a set and they seemed fine for what they were CCC (cheapChineseCr@p)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Cheers guys.
    Those enclosed TB6600 ones Lucan linked to look like they'll do the job.

Magic, they're only for some bench testing, so I'm not that worried about reliability. They'll only be getting connected to some small steppers and a max of 30V, so I'm not going to be pushing them hard.
    Here is a link to see the different specs http://www.omc-stepperonline.com/TB6600_vs_TB6560.html I have the TB6560 in a laser and they work ok without problems. But the others are probably more robust.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I've had approximately 33% DOA from ebay sellers, before I simply went for better quality, some are good, some are bad, the only way to find out is buy them.
    Hence my recommendation to go with a recommended model from a specific supplier, there are multiple versions of all cheap drivers from multiple sources in China.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    At under £13 per drive and motor pair, it's hardly going to break the bank if they don't work.

Thread Information